• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Etiquet Did I spell etiquet right? Guess I didnt. Sue me!

459 posts in this topic

Blunt instrument huh. Makes me think..

When I was in 6th grade I got into a fight, and the first shot was a large history book across my mouth. I afterwards proceeded to beat the hell out of the kid for that, even though I lost a tooth.

So while I do not know if English can be used as a said instrument. I know that a history book hurts pretty good.

Clever...but this isn't real life, and there are no history books lying around for me to whomp you with. Words are all we got, my friend.

And your premise is ridiculous...Colin Powell has far more class than Britney Spears, but if he were to state that, it would automatically make it untrue?

Please.

Enough! I draw the line when people start bashing this smoking hot piece of A.......southern gem. :sumo:

My sincerest apologies. :)

When I was in 6th grade I got into a fight, and the first shot was a large history book across my mouth. I afterwards proceeded to beat the hell out of the kid for that, even though I lost a tooth.

So while I do not know if English can be used as a said instrument. I know that a history book hurts pretty good.

Clever...but this isn't real life, and there are no history books lying around for me to whomp you with. Words are all we got, my friend.

And your premise is ridiculous...Colin Powell has far more class than Britney Spears, but if he were to state that, it would automatically make it untrue?

Please.

This was my polite way of saying that I was making an observation. And added after that a comment. And that story IS real life. So I would hold comments about hitting me with anything.

And I was responding.

And this ISN'T real life, regardless of your anecdotes. This is the internet. Words are all we have here.

And are you SERIOUSLY going to passive/aggressively threaten me over my metaphorical reply to your anecdote...?

Wow.

You sir. Are absolutely no fun. And if I was threatening you, I would have done i. Although pointles, as its a effin' messageboard.

Sorry to rile you captain no fun.

Get cal back here. At least he makes me laugh.

Enough! I draw the line when people start bashing this smoking hot piece of A.......southern gem. :sumo:
Seriously ? Her eyes are like 10 feet apart..

Now you wouldn't accept a drink from this flight attendant?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkIytHD5v9c I dont drink! And I really hate Brittany. She was found with like 5 empty vodka bottles some chalk left on the board, and smoking Meth. Sorry if I have some kind of respect for my...

Do you like or dislike the cal-bot? Havent figured if it makes you chuckle, or shoot people with a semi-automatic.

I dislike the stupid cal-bot. The only clue I will allude to about how much I dislike it is see the last person I quoted in a movie.

CAL :devil:

Please.

This was my polite way of saying that I was making an observation. And added after that a comment. And that story IS real life. So I would hold comments about hitting me with anything.

And I was responding.

And this ISN'T real life, regardless of your anecdotes. This is the internet. Words are all we have here.

And are you SERIOUSLY going to passive/aggressively threaten me over my metaphorical reply to your anecdote...?

Wow.

You sir. Are absolutely no fun. And if I was threatening you, I would have done i. Although pointles, as its a effin' messageboard.

Whew. You had me worried for a second there, but that's why there was a question mark at the end of the sentence...

lol

No harm, no foul. Even though you don't know me from a can of paint, I kinda enjoy your posts. Take that for whatever it's worth. :foryou:

Please.

Like I give a rats arse about her eyes. lol Never really looked at them......... :blush:

Some of you people are downright judgemental. (Not you, Res, you just happened to be the latest "reply to". ;) )

No one but the PMee has any idea why they removed themselves from the topic. You can yell "rude" all you want, that doesn't make it so.

There are lots of people who are shy in public. Some people think they're being "rude" or "snobbish" if they don't instantly come over and shake hands. The reality is, they're just shy. If you go up to them unannounced, you may even scare them. Some people may be shy on the internet, too. That doesn't mean they're rude.

Show some perspective, people.

How is that remotely like this situation? (shrug)

PMing on a message board couldn't be more anonymous.

What does it take to type "no thanks" and hit the send button?

I think rude is the appropriate characterization.

To marvelcollector:

I agree 100%. Amazing how others fail to see true, sound reasoning based on FACTS.

CAL (shrug)

Now you wouldn't accept a drink from this flight attendant?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkIytHD5v9c

I dont drink! And I really hate Brittany. She was found with like 5 empty vodka bottles some chalk left on the board, and smoking Meth. Sorry if I have some kind of respect for my...

Okay, okay. She's a wreck life-wise. Still love the video.

Please.

I understand your pointing out the logical fallacy in the statement, but I think Pat's general point was, Colin Powell wouldn't state it... because people with class don't thump their own chests about what classy people they are. I think Pat's making a generalization and it's one that's probably true most of the time. Extrapolating that to make it true 100% across the board, well, probably not accurate.

Please.

Isn't the goal to get her ankles 10 feet apart???

CAL who used to be a ladies' man

Please.

And I was responding.

Wow.

I am back - to stay - hey if I make you laugh than I am doing my job good again!!!

Please.

:banana:

If she came knocking on my door she would not get turned away

unless the wife was setting the trap for me...

CAL who would not like to sell his IMSM's in divorce settlement

I understand what you are saying but manners, or lack of courtesy and manners, is the point the Poster has this Thread's Issue. I agree with him 100% and I will close this post with a quote from Dr, H. Lecter from the movie "Hannibal": " I don't like rude people"...

CAL who likes H. Lecter

I always thought of you more as Buffalo Bill. "Yes, my Precious, it will get the hose again..."

calspet.jpg

Remember where Sharon was talking about those long ago days on the eBay message boards....? Yeah, I was there. :) I learned long, long ago to not try and get Cal to see reason.

My other favorite "thread" there was when Ejavert claimed you were morally bankrupt and a criminal for selling Remainder copies frm the 60's doh! What a day that was lol

CAL8000g.jpg

Nah, this is how he does it:

"My case? Nice = equated with weakness. Total jerk = more tang than I ever fantasized about. Easy. No brainer. Just sit back, be a total jerk, the girls will be attracted to that machismo that is Man!!!

Hold the doors open for her? Flowers? Nice compliments? Refrain from the sexist remarks? Agree with her 21st century equality? Pamper her? Does not work. She whines, complains, and you tell her to shut the heck up it's the 4th Quarter biatch and she may pout but she will respect that. That works. "