• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Etiquet Did I spell etiquet right? Guess I didnt. Sue me!

459 posts in this topic

I don't see anything wrong with what you did, but some people are weird about PM's. I honestly think it was cool of you to notice their avatar and offer them first dibs on whatever it was you had for sale. But they might have viewed it from a spamming perspective.

Regardless, would it have killed them to reply with a quick "thanks , but no thanks"

Maybe it was YOUR avatar that scared them! :eek:

I don't see anything wrong with what you did, but some people are weird about PM's. I honestly think it was cool of you to notice their avatar and offer them first dibs on whatever it was you had for sale. But they might have viewed it from a spamming perspective.

Regardless, would it have killed them to reply with a quick "thanks , but no thanks"

Yeah...maybe some people find unsolicited PMs invasive... :devil:

Au contraire...

Offering items for sale on the boards via PM is COMPLETELY in order...and frankly one of the best things about these boards...getting a shot at books that people know you're interested in, having an opportunity to negotiate terms, both price and time-payments etc. I've been able to add some killer books to my collection thanks to some great boardies PMing me that I might never have seen and had a chance to buy... (thumbs u

And it would be the minimum etiquette for the other party to provide a short quick reply "No thanks" but hey, I was taught manners where I grew up... doh!

:whistle:

You get your FF 1 yet?

Not til October/November

We should Meet up for Coffee when you get it. I would like to see it!

I actually have never seen a FF1 first hand!

I live in the same city and you never offered me coffee and to look at my #1 first hand.

sniff* sniff*

Yeah...maybe some people find unsolicited PMs invasive... :devil:

So PM stands for Prostate Maneuver ... hm

:roflmao:

Got ya to laugh! :baiting:

And now to boost your id again, care of Stuart Smalley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvgMIerTXl4

Lordy Stuart Smalley is even more pathetic than me!

Thanks for that!!! Im ready to go out there and BE SOMEBODY!!! (thumbs u :banana:

You showed up at the office in 2 different shoes

:blush::cry:

Thanks for that!!! Im ready to go out there and BE SOMEBODY!!! (thumbs u :banana:

:devil: Should have never posted that.

Au contraire...

Offering items for sale on the boards via PM is COMPLETELY in order...and frankly one of the best things about these boards...getting a shot at books that people know you're interested in, having an opportunity to negotiate terms, both price and time-payments etc. I've been able to add some killer books to my collection thanks to some great boardies PMing me that I might never have seen and had a chance to buy... (thumbs u

And it would be the minimum etiquette for the other party to provide a short quick reply "No thanks" but hey, I was taught manners where I grew up... doh!

:whistle:

You get your FF 1 yet?

Not til October/November

We should Meet up for Coffee when you get it. I would like to see it!

I actually have never seen a FF1 first hand!

I live in the same city and you never offered me coffee and to look at my #1 first hand.

sniff* sniff*

:foryou:

I've had a few people offer me books via PM and I really appreciate it. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it, but each to their own I suppose (shrug)

A reply of some kind would have been better than a complete brush off though.

What he said. There is no need to be that rude. I also appreciate it greatly if someone PM's me about a book. What an .

I know boardies build buyer/seller relationships and PM's with books for sale then become rife which is all good. But if someone I hadn't had any dealings with dropped me a PM with a great Batbook for sale then I would think that was top stuff.

Some people must just enjoy their own little bubble too much.

Ok...A truly BEEEZARR thing happened to me on these Boards, Yesterday and this Morning. I noticed one of our Members Avatar was in Line with an Item I am planning on offering up for sale, Via -Feebay "non comic related" but directly related to his/her Avatar.

So I figure I would PM him/her and offer it up to him/her first to save us both some Coin, Me Fees and potentially him/her a better deal since he/she is a forumite and I would rather give boardies a price break.

I have never corresponded with him/her in the past, never bought nor sold anything with him/her that I can remember.

After my initial PM he/she did not respond at all just removed himself/herself from the topic. I thought that was strange, So this Morning I Sent him/her another PM politely telling him/her that that response is a first for me on these Boards, and that common courtesy would be to at least tell me no thank you! I finished by telling him/her I apologized if I had offended him/her in any way, and hope he/she enjoyed the rest of his/her weekend. This persons response was to again remove themself from the topic.

I am curious by nature and situations like this drive me nutz trying to figure out WHY??

This isnt High school so I really shouldnt too concerned I guess with someone whom obviously doesnt like me, Although I have no idea why, or maybe this person is just rude, or maybe Forum etiquet "dont think Im spelling that word right" states that its rude to offer private sales Via PM.

I have many times offered up Items via PM to Boardies, and they to me so I dont think there is anything wrong with Doing this, am I wrong?

Oh and to that Boardie whom has ignored me twice please PM me and Tell me what I did wrong if anything so I can rectify it. Karma can be a person_without_enough_empathy

PM offers are great, that is why we have the WTB thread, etc. I purchased a great book yesterday via this method. I have occasionally offered up stuff like that, and got the same response you did - perhaps the books were not in the correct grade, or whatever, or maybe the person just doesn't like you from past postings. Don't take it personally. I have avatars and sig lines turned off to reduce the clutter, so I don't see all that junque, so wouldn't send a pm based on that.

One thing I don't typically respond well to, is on a WTB offer where the offerer doubles/triples/quadruples the FMV price just because they know you need a particular book. Not saying this was the case at all, but it is just something to be aware of.

I try to cut the BSDs around here some slack on communication, as this is just one of their selling venues, and some are pretty busy making a living. And don't forget that some boardies are not intentionally being rude, they're just ADD, and running quickly to the next shiny bauble, and not tying up loose ends. I often forget to follow-up on stuff myself, or may be pondering an offered purchase, so appreciate the return slack from my fellow boardies.

What probably happened was you disturbed the disturbed PMee

1) with your insulting price

2) your lowly grade of 9.6 that was beneath his collecting standards

3) by thinking an uber collector of his favourite character like him already didn't have a gazzillion copies of that book already ( it was an IMSM #1 wasn't it?)

4) by interupting his enjoyment of the boxset of BJ and the Bear, TWICE

3) by thinking an uber collector of his favourite character like him already didn't have a gazzillion copies of that book already ( it was an IMSM #1 wasn't it?)

Cool WINGS covers! :headbang:

lol

Don't feel bad JR. I did it recently too. I had to get up at 3:30 am to catch a flight for a meeting in Orlando. Slipped on two black shoes and didn't notice they were from different pairs. In fact, I didn't notice until late that night while at a cocktail party.

:blush: