• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UltraPicky = UltraDicky ...

152 posts in this topic

Gawd...this is about the 4th or 5th ebay message that I have recieved from Ultrapicky on eBay...I refuse to give out my email to him...basically because he keeps asking for it...

Here is the last ebay message that I received from him....

Dear ar-aich,

You can be sure that if you do not pack it like I want it to be packed that the book WILL get here damaged!! The mailmen around here are VERY VERY rough with packages so you CAN'T send it in an envelope BUT there is MUCH more precautions to take so it come here intact and I MUST give them to you my friend so PLEASE give me your email address!!! Thanks!!! Daniel

So...waddya think.... hm

Why would he need your email address? That's what Ebay's messaging system is for.

Politely tell him no.

He says that the explaination is so long that it won't fit in the eBay messaging system... :screwy:

Don't give him your email address, there is no reason why he can't converse with you via ebay messaging system. He might be a scammer.

That's why he ain't getting it... ;)

Why would he need your email address? That's what Ebay's messaging system is for.

Politely tell him no.

He says that the explaination is so long that it won't fit in the eBay messaging system... :screwy:

Tell him to off and suck a Chaney then.

Politely tell him no.

Tell him to off and suck a Chaney then.

Not til he pays for the item... :devil:

Politely tell him no.

Then break up the message into 75 sub-parts and get the heck on with life. This sounds like a buyer that is going to send you a detailed instruction book, with photos, and no regard for your cost, on how to appropriate pack his $1 book.

Hang in there. USPS is coming out with wooden crates soon to be used in these situations.

Gawd...this is about the 4th or 5th ebay message that I have recieved from Ultrapicky on eBay...I refuse to give out my email to him...basically because he keeps asking for it...

Here is the last ebay message that I received from him....

Dear ar-aich,

You can be sure that if you do not pack it like I want it to be packed that the book WILL get here damaged!! The mailmen around here are VERY VERY rough with packages so you CAN'T send it in an envelope BUT there is MUCH more precautions to take so it come here intact and I MUST give them to you my friend so PLEASE give me your email address!!! Thanks!!! Daniel

So...waddya think.... hm

So. Why is CAL's kid brother trying to get in touch with you?

Don't give him your email address, there is no reason why he can't converse with you via ebay messaging system. He might be a scammer.

I've been away from E-Bay for a few years now and haven't even used their messaging system. How does him having your e-mail address help him with any potential scam?

Oh, just found his instructions online.

1) Please purchase a surplus U.S. Army foot locker, preferably 1945-1958 production design.

case%20foot%20locker.jpg

2) Then, purchase one 30-foot roll of bubblewrap, and 6 feet of high-end packing tape.

3) Please set aside at least one hour to follow these instructions. You will need it!

4) Now take the book, and completely wrap it in the entire 30-foot roll, but please be careful to maintain the book centered throughout.

5) Now take the entire rolled bundle, and tape this with half of the 6-foot roll.

6) Now drop that into the foot locker, close the case, put a 30-lb lock on the front, and then use the rest of the 6-foot tape roll all the way around.

7) Now kiss any profit you ever dream of making on my book. I have totally screwed your profit-to-cost ratio model.

And no worries. He'll be back for more if you do this right. (thumbs u

his message does sound like he is about try to get you send him some money so then he can send you millions of dollars into your account (419 scammer)

I've been away from E-Bay for a few years now and haven't even used their messaging system. How does him having your e-mail address help him with any potential scam?

i was thinking this myself...