• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UltraPicky = UltraDicky ...

152 posts in this topic

Don't give him your email address, there is no reason why he can't converse with you via ebay messaging system. He might be a scammer.

I've been away from E-Bay for a few years now and haven't even used their messaging system. How does him having your e-mail address help him with any potential scam?

I think they send phishing emails to try to get your login info... hm

Don't give him your email address, there is no reason why he can't converse with you via ebay messaging system. He might be a scammer.

I've been away from E-Bay for a few years now and haven't even used their messaging system. How does him having your e-mail address help him with any potential scam?

i was thinking this myself...

Because if someone tries a scam on you with eBay, the ONLY emails they will reference are those that are in the eBay Messaging system. NONE OTHERS!

Make sense now?

And seriously Rick, I am so sorry you are having to deal with this individual. Hate to CAL someone, but I've added him to my blocked list.

I think more than a scam he truly is going to email you detailed packing instructions. I had a buyer do that with me one time, but I already had his standards surpassed so he was overjoyed.

Gawd...this is about the 4th or 5th ebay message that I have recieved from Ultrapicky on eBay...I refuse to give out my email to him...basically because he keeps asking for it...

Here is the last ebay message that I received from him....

Dear ar-aich,

You can be sure that if you do not pack it like I want it to be packed that the book WILL get here damaged!! The mailmen around here are VERY VERY rough with packages so you CAN'T send it in an envelope BUT there is MUCH more precautions to take so it come here intact and I MUST give them to you my friend so PLEASE give me your email address!!! Thanks!!! Daniel

So...waddya think.... hm

Well, I am from Canada too and even if his ebay name looks like mine it is NOT me.

Don't know the whole story, but it's true that mailmen here in Canada are much tougher with handling than in the US, shame to Canada Post horrible service. :makepoint:

Has he won many books from you on eBay ? I don't see anything wrong with a special packaging request if he's willing to pay the cost. Although I don't understand why he needs your e-mail to send you the info. We need more details to make a fair judgment. But my advice at first sight would be to tell him that you are willing to discuss with him through eBay messages if you don't want to provide him with your e-mail address.

Here's my 1st eBay message from him after he won a book from me...

Dear ar-aich,

Hi mister! I have to tell you that winning this book is a REAL dream come true!!!! A high grade EC Comic!!!! Wow!!! So I will give you my padding preferences as soon as you send me an email with your hotmail adress because let me tell you that Postmen around here are VERY VERY rough with packages and it REALLY is necessary to give you my padding preferences! Thanks!! Have a great day! Very friendly yours!!!

D***** G***** (Ultrapicky)

:screwy:

i hear the mailmen round where i live are VERY VERY rough as well

This guy is in Canada... :frustrated:

what city?

Maybey someone can pay him a visit

Dear ar-aich,

Hi mister! I have to tell you that winning this book is a REAL dream come true!!!! A high grade EC Comic!!!! Wow!!! So I will give you my padding preferences as soon as you send me an email with your hotmail adress because let me tell you that Postmen around here are VERY VERY rough with packages and it REALLY is necessary to give you my padding preferences! Thanks!! Have a great day! Very friendly yours!!!

So he won a book from you hm At first sight, I would say that there is nothing wrong with his special packaging request and his message looks like he wants to complete the transaction. Just tell him through eBay messages that you have no problems with that (if you don't, of course) as long as he pays for the bomb-proof packaging method he is requesting :acclaim:

i hear the mailmen round where i live are VERY VERY rough as well

This guy is in Canada... :frustrated:

what city?

Maybey someone can pay him a visit

I'm up for that.

:grin:

Gawd...this is about the 4th or 5th ebay message that I have recieved from Ultrapicky on eBay...I refuse to give out my email to him...basically because he keeps asking for it...

Here is the last ebay message that I received from him....

Dear ar-aich,

You can be sure that if you do not pack it like I want it to be packed that the book WILL get here damaged!! The mailmen around here are VERY VERY rough with packages so you CAN'T send it in an envelope BUT there is MUCH more precautions to take so it come here intact and I MUST give them to you my friend so PLEASE give me your email address!!! Thanks!!! Daniel

So...waddya think.... hm

You could give him Greggys

Hmm I didnt think he won yet. Thought as soon as you win an item that info became available especially if you are going to pay through paypal.

The guy seems a bit excentric.

Dear ar-aich,

Hi mister! Send me the message through ebay or :censored: off you super happy little rug rat! Very Super Happy Friendly Yours!!! your name here

I'd tell him that. he must be a scammer because us canadians aren't that happy.

all our teams are out of the playoffs.

Hmm I didnt think he won yet. Thought as soon as you win an item that info became available especially if you are going to pay through paypal.

I made a quick research on eBay using the names "ar-aich" and "ultrapicky" and I found this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190307283179&viewitem=&salenotsupported

Is that the EC comic he is talking about ? Is he the winner ? If yes, his recent eBay feedback seems quite respectable:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ultrapicky&ftab=AllFeedback

Again, I think there is nothing wrong with his request as long as he pays the full shipping cost.

What does he say in his other messages ? Does he look like he wants to complete the transaction ?

I totally agree that I don't think this is a scam. This is probably a super-serious collector that has gotten slammed before by bad postal handling.

But I would politely communicate if the cost is going to be excessive, he has to cover this as it was NOT communicated in advance by him if he won there would be special instructions.

I think if you keep it professional and polite (yes, just like CAL), you will be okay.

I made a quick research on eBay using the names "ar-aich" and "ultrapicky" and I found this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190307283179&viewitem=&salenotsupported

Is that the EC comic he is talking about ? Is he the winner ? If yes, his recent eBay feedback seems quite respectable:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ultrapicky&ftab=AllFeedback

Again, I think there is nothing wrong with his request as long as he pays the full shipping cost.

What does he say in his other messages ? Does he look like he wants to complete the transaction ?

So just to be clear, you are just picky, not ultra picky.

Right?

:D

Yup...that's the book...I'm not saying that he is a scammer just that his quirky communications are unlike anything I have ever received on eBay...can't say that a red flag has been waved...but a yellow one surely has been...