• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UltraPicky = UltraDicky ...

152 posts in this topic

Whilst I can appreciate someone wanting to make sure their goods are safe, I would find it immensely patronising to receive a set of instructions on how I MUST package their books.

I'd get the instructions (could be very entertaining) and then package exactly as I would for anyone else.

When you order books from Amazon do you get to specify an elaborate packaging technique of your own devising? No, and you don't get to do that with me either!

Instructions Part 1: doh!

Dear ar-aich,

Yes but before you do,here are my instructions.

So let's begin with my address:

D**** G****

Québec,Province of Québec,Canada

G1L 1M8

And here are my padding preferences:

1-Put comic in a box.

2-Take comic and put it between 2 hard cardboards(they must be longer AND larger than book to better protect it).

3-Tape book by its bag to the center of one cardboard and tape book between 2 cardboards(like a sandwich).

4-Add padding material(like newspaper,bubble wrap,styrofoam peanuts,etc...)on ALL 4 sides of book and also over AND under the book so it does

not have ANY chance to make contact with sides

of box.This way there will be no bumped corners!

The book MUST be padded tightly so it does not

move in ANY way in the box!!!

5-Write Fragile-Handle With Care as much as you can on box so the Postmen Know that they must handle the package with tender loving care.

Part 2 Coming right up! Daniel (Ultrapicky

I don't like the direction this is going... :frustrated:

Instructions Part 2 :... doh!

Dear ar-aich,

And here is part 2 !!!

And finally IF you can write a lower amount (under 16$) on the Custom Forms it will help me save a bit on duty because they are VERY hungry for money (They charge 15.56% in duty +various

other charges!! I sometime have to pay OVER 30% of what I paid for items!!).They EVEN have the nerve to ask us a 5$ fee when they make a Custom paper to charge us duty! So they charge us 5$ BECAUSE they ask us money for duty!!! Talk about thiefs!!!! But IF you can't OR won't do it,at least don't put value of book BUT what I paid for(26$)and also don't add shipping charges because they will ALSO charge me duty for it!!!!

Please answer these questions so I know if you will do it all.Those are VERY VERY important preferences to me (But as for the Custom Forms,

I would be extremely happy if you do it BUT it is up to you!!!).

Until now that is the ONLY way I found that let me receive my books in the same condition that sellers send them to me!!

Thanks! Daniel(Ultrapicky)

Now, he's being ultra-detailed and maybe he's a kook, but isn't this basically how you'd package a comic anyway? It's a drag to buy nice books and have them arrived messed up due to incompetent packaging.

I don't like the direction this is going... :frustrated:

As for whether or not you want to falsify the declared value of the package, that's up to you. But regarding his shipping instructions, try reading the "It Came From The MAILBOX! HORROR!!" thread in this forum and then ask yourself--how do I protect myself from lazy sellers who don't package worth a ? It seems to me this guy has the best way I've heard of yet to increase the likelihood that he'll be protected from awful packaging.

I agree with his first part of instructions how to pack a book as I do it this way (and more).

But the second note on falsifying a government documents is why he didn't want to email through eBay. hm

$26...were you a bit peeved at those final results? Seems like a pretty nice old EC for $26....do there happen to be a ton of file copies of these or something. Sheesh, I might have paid $26 and wouldn't have busted your chops about packaging...

I try to avoid some of this by having a blurb in my auctions about how I love to bullet proof pack my books, how I hate bad packing, blah blah blah. A Whole paragraphs actually.

Part 1 seems reasonable. As to part 2 part of it makes sense such as there is ebayers that will ship and on the customs form will include in the amount the shipping cost due to the fact that if the book was lost and insured they could recover the shipping amount. But to falsify the real worth isn't right and really should not be asked and I agree with the comment as to that is probably why he asked for your email.

This was my queue to cancel the transcaction.... doh!

Dear ar-aich,

It seems like you don't want to go the extra mile to please your buyers.Or maybe I am mistaken and you tried,but at 25$ shipping charge for 1 ungraded book I hope you understand that I doubt it at least a bit.I will think about it because I REALLY want the book BUT IF I have to pay 25$ for shipping and it is NOT the price stamped on the box I WILL give you appropriate feedback! But if it REALLY is what you have to pay to send it there will be no problems I suppose! Just make sure it IS the right amount of shipping!Thanks (I think!!)!

Daniel G**** (Ultrapicky)

- ultrapicky

Dear ar-aich,

It seems like you don't want to go the extra mile to please your buyers.Or maybe I am mistaken and you tried,but at 25$ shipping charge for 1 ungraded book I hope you understand that I doubt it at least a bit.I will think about it because I REALLY want the book BUT IF I have to pay 25$ for shipping and it is NOT the price stamped on the box I WILL give you appropriate feedback! But if it REALLY is what you have to pay to send it there will be no problems I suppose! Just make sure it IS the right amount of shipping!Thanks (I think!!)!

- ultrapicky

"Now, how to screw up someone's profit-to-cost ratio while also undermining their positive feedback. BWHAAAAHAAAAAHAAAA!"

stewie_evil.jpg

I've sold several books to UltraPicky from Canada. He is Ultra Anal, but not a scammer. He just wants to get the books in good shape and is not afraid to tell you how to pack. I don't like that he tries to avoid taxes by asking people to falsify legal documents, but I always tell him that we insure everything and cannot fake the amount of the comic because it is insured.

He did once return a CGC book to me because he refused to pay the customs fee, but that was years ago when he was new. I think he understands the reality of customs fees in Canada.

The bottom line is that he won your auction, and wants to pay for it. Just package safely, using his not so unreasonable guidlines if you can, and you will probably not have any trouble with him.

On another note, why are people so freaked out to give their e-mail address out?

Dear ar-aich,

- ultrapicky

Did you really try to charge him $25 for one book to Canada? No wonder he is mad. You can send a boxed book to Canada with huge safety for $8.00 including the cost of the box. Try 1st class, not priority.

The bottom line is that he won your auction, and wants to pay for it.

Then he should have paid for it by now....he doesn't dictate my packing procedure...my feedback are my referances...

On another note, why are people so freaked out to give their e-mail address out?

Because the way this guy presented himself was like him calling me at home and asking me what my cell phone number is so that we can talk.... :screwy:

Homey don't play dat.... :P

Dear ar-aich,

- ultrapicky

Did you really try to charge him $25 for one book to Canada? No wonder he is mad. You can send a boxed book to Canada with huge safety for $8.00 including the cost of the box. Try 1st class, not priority.

I quoted a price as stated on the USPS website...I normally ship to Canada in a Priority envelope for $11 ...he wanted to change that procedure...I only use USPS priority when shipping auction items out of country...well...not anymore...