• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Own Mjolnir!!!

52 posts in this topic

I am glad everybody is enjoying the thread. lol

:news:

HeroesCon special!!

If you are coming to HeroesCon in Charlotte this June, I can bring it to you for....

$210 Cash

:takeit:

HeroesCon special!!

If you are coming to HeroesCon in Charlotte this June, I can bring it to you for....

$210 Cash

:applause:(worship)

HeroesCon special!!

$210 Cash

Bill is the ^^

Thanks my friend!!

Now more spending money at the con!! lol

HeroesCon special!!

$210 Cash

Bill is the ^^

Thanks my friend!!

Now more spending money at the con!! lol

:acclaim:

Looking forward to seeing you there.

If I had to guess, the Scandanavians have an older culture than the English. Anyone?

It's a bit of a toss-up, really - references to Arthur were first discovered around the early 800s, and the Vikings started running around conquering things in the late 700s.

But even before land became a rare commodity in Scandanavia forcing the Vikings to go out and conquer new lands, they had a common identity for hundred of years. Tales of Thor were well known before the Icelandic Voyages. I'd say that gives it to the Norse!

I'm with the returner.

Especially when you consider Arthur is a Norman/French archetype.

Hell, one of the biggest reasons Tolkien began writing fiction was so that he could give the English his version of a national literature. And that was mid 20th century. (hyperbole to make the point)

and pre-Tolkien, Richard Wagner wrote his classic "RING OF THE NIBELUNG" taken from old Norse tales and stories.

yeah, again, not English. Germanic and Norse.

Siguurd and the Dragonslayer, the Prose and Poetic Eddas. I love this stuff.

Wagner was actually extending the Scandanavian myths, not the English ones. (not sure if I understood your post correctly)

No, youre right. With my comment about Wagner, I was just reaffirming my Pro-Scandinavian post.

(thumbs u

it's sometimes harder to confirm is someone is agreeing with you on the internet, than if they're disagreeing.

lol