• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASMs on Comiclink

22 posts in this topic

last few on heritage went in the $600s i think......ah well. i would have liked to have gotten that one too. looked a bit rough on the top right but that seems the norm for that issue? was nciely centered though. grin.gif

Oops. Looks like I did win it after all. I put in a buy order, and then it immediately went to sale pending. I assumed this was bad because the 2 other books I put an order on, didn't go to sale pending. So uhh... yay for me looks like I saved some $$ smile.gif

That was quite the run that was put up there. Was hopin he'd toss up an FF 52 tongue.gif

Brian

Ok, I changed the title as it was kinda stupid after it turned out I got the book after all (did I mention I'm quite happy?).

Anyways, noticed a few of the books the guy listed were pedigrees including a gorgeous 9.6 ASM 39 Curator copy. I thought all the really nice Curator ASMs were in Brutalo's collection?

Brian

Ok, I changed the title as it was kinda stupid after it turned out I got the book after all (did I mention I'm quite happy?).

Anyways, noticed a few of the books the guy listed were pedigrees including a gorgeous 9.6 ASM 39 Curator copy. I thought all the really nice Curator ASMs were in Brutalo's collection?

They certainly used to be...seeing that one for sale made me think he's the one selling off some undercopies.

Either A) the guy listed it for way less than it was worth or B) the crappy late 60's #1s crash has come. Oh God did I say crash? frown.gif Now the stuff is going to hit the fan 27_laughing.gif By the way how much is a Cap #100 in 9.4 worth I didn't think it was that much more than $800 could be wrong though. sign-rantpost.gif

Eric

I've noticed a trend on Comiclink. What you want to do if you're a seller is.. wait for someone to list a bunch of nice comics. Then shortly after or around the same time, you bump yours by altering the listing slightly or just listing it w/ your "above norm" price. I've seen a bunch of books sell this way on there. Both the ASM 48 and 86 were quite high priced and they sold. I'm guessing the 86 is George's?

That Cap 100 sold for 700 didn't it? Not a bad price for the seller. 9.6's go for between 850-1200 dollars.

Brian

Bri: You're right... $700... I guess I'm just thinking that I've seen the book in the past especially, sell for more... recently, this book has been dropping off quite fast... although I find this to be a particularly common book... I was just curious. Comiclink is interesting though... I started checking it out much more in the last few days.

Cap 100 has actually sold in the same basic price range since the Summer of '02. Only once has it broken 800 dollars. One of the earlier ones sold went for 725, they've regularly sold between 550-650 dollars since then.

For as common as this books supposed to be, it doesn't show up all THAT often in 9.4 and up grades.

Brian

I have had good luck getting more for ASMs on CL than other venues. and they seem to sell quickly....

If I were a high grade ASM collector, Comiclink is definitely where I would go. It's like a Spider-Man museum, and books actually appear to sell!