• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Team-up # 1

21 posts in this topic

Thanks for the feeback.

Please let me know what you are seeing that keeps this book from a higher grade than 8.5.

I am trying to get a better understanding of the grading.

I was going to say 8.0 as I thought there was some wear and maybe a slight tear on the upper edge. Now I notice it's Spideys webbing up there and not a tear.

Looks 8.5-9.0 to me. The corners look a little soft.

ARE YOU SCANNING THESE IN THE BAGS? or maybe with the backing board behind them?

I'd say 8.5. The top corners look way too soft to give it a 9.0. Could really do with bigger scans to be honest to get a better feel of the book.

I have been doing 600 DPI scans (the scanner can do up to 2400 DPI). I may still have a bottleneck with gmail though (I think 800 DPI is the max when I try to link to the file).

Please let me know what I should do to get better pictures.

Thanks again.

Actually, 300 dpi is plenty - your issue is with the compression and the re-sizing, not the scanning dpi. And what are you using G-Mail for? Host them at photobucket.com :grin:

btw, this book could easily be a 9.0 (if we could see it.) Much nicer than your other posted books. :)

Thanks again for the feedback.

I will check out photo bucket to see if I can improve the quality of the scans.

I haven't gotten much feedback on them so far but I think the ASM # 122s that I posted in another thread are in better shape than this book.

When you're scanning, sit the book dead straight and crop the picture so you just leave a moderate border around the book (see below). Then scan it in. Wherever you host the image then it will maximise the amount of book you can see in the size the hosting site compresses it to.

RASL1.jpg

Thanks again for the feedback.

I will check out photo bucket to see if I can improve the quality of the scans.

PM sent (thumbs u

Thanks for the information, I used the Comicopolis site you mentioned to host the pictures of the same book below:

Please let me know if these scans look better.

MarvelTeamUp1front001.jpg

MarvelTeamUp1back001.jpg

Way, way, way too big. You're stretching the screen out, and making it impossible to see the book. You want to see the comic book on the screen at the same size it is in real life. Like this:

thor173.jpg

Although with the pages stretched out, you're going to have to scroll left to see this, too.

Way, way, way too big. You're stretching the screen out, and making it impossible to see the book.

His scan looks fine to me (shrug)