• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze Age Sig. Series hits the big time

9 posts in this topic

Thar's Bronze in them thar hills . . .

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=25842

I am almost positive that I have seen this book before. hm Maybe George or Drew can enlighten us, as I think it is one or the other that consigned. :grin:

Whatever the case, congratulations to the Buyer, the Seller and to the Sig. Series for a high profile certified autograph sale!!

jawdropper.gif

That's insane! Great for the seller and Sig Series, but.....just......dang.......

In a way, it is almost like someone paid 5k for the sigs, but I guess that is someone who is not willing to take the risk and have a 9.8 cracked out and signed. I was completely stunned.

In a way, it is almost like someone paid 5k for the sigs, but I guess that is someone who is not willing to take the risk and have a 9.8 cracked out and signed. I was completely stunned.

Even if you were willing to take that risk, it would be next to impossible to come up with a 9.8 copy. There are only 3 blue label copies out there. That makes Hulk #181 CGC 9.8 seem common by comparison, with 21 copies out there. And given the price difference between a 9.8 and a 9.6 copy of Swamp Thing #1, if you did manage to come up with one of the three 9.8's, you would be taking a huge risk if you cracked it out.