• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Hard will the Avengers Market CRASH & when?

167 posts in this topic

SA Marvel Keys are played-out when compared to the far more desirable Charlton SA Keys market. Collectors will eventually have enough of the Marvel Zombie craze and this will lead to the unstoppable, stratospheric ascension of the towering books of Charlton Silver Age Greatness. I mean, has anyone read FF1 - 100? What a joke! Stan Lee is a clown in almost every way measurable.

Ive been expecting the Charlton discovery and frenzy for years, But it aint coming. Just noting exciting there, unless you were buying in the 60s when there were few comic choices and it was all good.

SA Marvel Keys are played-out when compared to the far more desirable Charlton SA Keys market. Collectors will eventually have enough of the Marvel Zombie craze and this will lead to the unstoppable, stratospheric ascension of the towering books of Charlton Silver Age Greatness. I mean, has anyone read FF1 - 100? What a joke! Stan Lee is a clown in almost every way measurable.

Sounds like you own a few Charlton SA Keys. What do they have to do with Marvel Zombies?

Too much dealer exuberance (tsk)

So, how about those Green Lanterns?

I'm wondering when this "crash" for ASM #300 is supposed to happen. I'd like to pick up a long box worth for $10 each.

Granted, prices aren't at $1700+ like they were on '07...but $700+ for a 1988 book isn't chump change. It remains the second most valuable Marvel 80's book (replaced by GI Joe #21), and the fourth most valuable overall (after Turtles #1 and Albedo #2.)

Crashes are, and always have been, hardest on non-key, common material.

When I see Spidey #300's selling for $10 in "raw NM" THEN I will believe they have crashed.

As far as Silver Age keys go, r1970d pretty much sums it up.

Pretty funny if you're being sarcastic. If not, then wow. If Stan's a clown, what does that make the rest of us?

And on a side note, what do the rulers rule that you're a king of? Just curious.

Sounds like you own a few Charlton SA Keys. What do they have to do with Marvel Zombies?

Too much dealer exuberance (tsk)

I'm guessing King is engaging in hyperbole.

Very humorous. :thumbsup:

Don't you know? Have ye not heard?

All Charlton key sales are private and go unreported.

:cry:

Charlton has keys? hm

Jim

Charlton has keys? hm

Jim

+1 hm

I think it will crash after the hype. It's a silver age key but most consider it a minor key because all characters are already established.

It's on my list as a "want" but not a needed book. I'd rather spend big bucks chasing books like FF 1 or Hulk 1 :shrug:

I wouldn't bank on the crash. FF 1, ASM 1, AF 15, are getting unattainable to the average collector. Especially in any kind of decent grade. So if you want to have a silver age key Marvel you have to look at Avengers 1, and 4, and others, as places to invest in, or just to jump on the key comic train. So, demand increases, price increases.

It's been happening a long time.

hm

Good point. But if collectors divert away from AF 15, FF 1 and ASM 1 thus diminishing demand won't those prices drop as well? :baiting:

I've been watching them rise for over 30 years. I, stupidly, predicted AF 15 had topped out in 1994. Boy was I wrong about that one

doh!

It's best not to bet against SA, I've learned the hard way.

lol

I think it will crash after the hype. It's a silver age key but most consider it a minor key because all characters are already established.

It's on my list as a "want" but not a needed book. I'd rather spend big bucks chasing books like FF 1 or Hulk 1 :shrug:

I wouldn't bank on the crash. FF 1, ASM 1, AF 15, are getting unattainable to the average collector. Especially in any kind of decent grade. So if you want to have a silver age key Marvel you have to look at Avengers 1, and 4, and others, as places to invest in, or just to jump on the key comic train. So, demand increases, price increases.

hm

Good point. But if collectors divert away from AF 15, FF 1 and ASM 1 thus diminishing demand won't those prices drop as well? :baiting:

I've been watching them rise for over 30 years. I, stupidly, predicted AF 15 had topped out in 1994. Boy was I wrong about that one

doh!

It's best not to bet against SA, I've learned the hard way.

lol

I remember when F.F. #1 went to a thousand dollars. I thought, are they nuts... no ones goint to pay that. Of course I just kept waiting for the price to come down. :makepoint: and Im still waiting. :o

DRX

I see what you are saying but I do not believe Avengers 1 to be a key, or ASM1. Neither are a first appearance or that significant, more so the Avengers than Spidey. The Avengers has always been a revolving door lineup that brought a name into the marvel U, and Spidey is just the start of a series.

ASM 1 is like Cap100, IM1, Hulk 102, etc.. It may be worth more money than those, but AF 15 is spideys meat and potatos

I disagree...ASM #1 is a Top 3 Marvel key in my opinion. It was in the intial rush of issues that started the Marvel Age, features a character that has become an icon, and is a very in demand issue for early Marvel collectors...

With your rationale, Batman or Superman #1 isn't a key... :insane:

Jim

I see what you are saying but I do not believe Avengers 1 to be a key, or ASM1. Neither are a first appearance or that significant, more so the Avengers than Spidey. The Avengers has always been a revolving door lineup that brought a name into the marvel U, and Spidey is just the start of a series.

ASM 1 is like Cap100, IM1, Hulk 102, etc.. It may be worth more money than those, but AF 15 is spideys meat and potatos

Pat... they're keys, the Avengers 1 is the first appearance of the team -- it's like Brave and the Bold 28 or FF 1 -- now Avengers may not be quite as important but they're still a cornerstone of the Marvel U (it's not like the first appearance of the Defenders).

JLA was a revolving door lineup and I'm sure you wouldnt argue that Brave and the Bold 28 is not a key...

Pat... they're keys, the Avengers 1 is the first appearance of the team -- it's like Brave and the Bold 28 or FF 1 -- now Avengers may not be quite as important but they're still a cornerstone of the Marvel U (it's not like the first appearance of the Defenders).

JLA was a revolving door lineup and I'm sure you wouldnt argue that Brave and the Bold 28 is not a key...

I will give you that, I just woke up. I totally forgot about the JLA revolving door lineup too.. I mean it as it is not a MEGA key like AF15, FF1, X-Men 1. And believe me I love the Avengers..

Avengers 4 is a Mega Key IMO, that just hasnt blossomed yet. The return of Captain America is of huge importance in Marvel continuity. And an iconic cover to boot.

And Jim. ASM1 introduces continuity to spidey. But does not have any major introductions to have it as a mega key.

I dont think Superman 1 is a key, but a classic cover.

And Batman 1 introduced the greatest villain of all time. The Joker

I'll agree with Pat to a certain extent...I consider the Avengers #1 just above Daredevil #1 in the key department. The title really didn't start rolling as a great read until the Bronze Age and there are no keys, other than #4 and #57 ( and that's a result of Bronze Age exposure), in the first 100 unlike the other titles...

Not a great track record for a team comic...which you buy in the hopes each issue hits a homerun based on the stacked line-up...

Jim

And Jim. ASM1 introduces continuity to spidey. But does not have any major introductions to have it as a mega key.

Well you're wrong...

But entitled to your opinion...

Jim

There were a few keys. The first Wonder-Man (hey I like the character), Kang, and well everything else is just important to avengers continuity.

Damn. Avengers did have little to offer until midway through the first 100

What's odd is that I bet most people would agree Avengers #4 is probably the bigger key than Avengers #1, which is a rare event when you think about it -- a later book is more important than the #1 or first appearance of the team/character.

It's always hard drawing the line between "mega-key" and "key". Brave and the Bold 28 gets an extra nod to me, because it restarts the entire team book concept in the Silver Age. Plus, it was the catalyst to FF 1 with its sales success.

Well you're wrong...

But entitled to your opinion...

Jim

:roflmao:

Im just saying it begins the title, and thats about it. Its in the remainder of that first 20 issues where the introductions roll in and characters are formed. Even though I dont collect spidey does not mean I dont like some of them. Prety much anything Green Goblin.