• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Hard will the Avengers Market CRASH & when?

167 posts in this topic

Watching the Avengers 1 & 4 hype train has been like one more spin on the carousel at the state fair. :sick:

Eventually these led zeps will drop hard just like ASM300 & the Ghost Rider books. :whistle:

But how hard & when? hm

As long as all the other Marvel keys continue to climb like this they won't. They are still the cheapest of all the keys except for DD.

R.

Watching the Avengers 1 & 4 hype train has been like one more spin on the carousel at the state fair. :sick:

Eventually these led zeps will drop hard just like ASM300 & the Ghost Rider books. :whistle:

But how hard & when? hm

Some of them will drop, how much? I dont know. The books are a cool run to collect, and some issues are tough in HG. So there is some fun for collectors in that aspect. The key issues are going crazy, and I dont expect it to continue forever. But again, a fun run that was overlooked a long time. The unfortunate part is the amount of noteworthy keys in the run are less than you could count on both hands. But if you keep watching you will see that there is a spike in some of the "off-beat" Marvel titles. Not everyone can afford to collect Spidey and X-Men, so Avengers, Hulk, and TOS/TTA are pretty enjoyable and much more affordable.

Expect the 1 and 4 crazy to "settle in" not crash. :preach:

As long as all the other Marvel keys continue to climb like this they won't. They are still the cheapest of all the keys except for DD.

R.

They all crash to a lower point though. Maybe higher than they were when they started, but I don't recall any book that didn't crash after the hype.

R.

They all crash to a lower point though. Maybe higher than they were when they started, but I don't recall any book that didn't crash after the hype.

This is true for any book so yea.

The thing about Avengers #1 and #4 is they are SILVER age keys. They won't crash like a ASM 300 or any other Bronze. Silver Age keys in of itself have staying power.

R.

Do you think all the Marvel keys are taking off because of the Movie hype or because they are keys?

Spidey movie hype is done and AF #15 continues to soar

Batman movie hype was done decades ago and the keys continue to soar

FF movie hype is done, FF #1 continues to soar

Iron Man movie hype is done, TOS #39 continues to soar.

I think that it's "key hype" now and not movie hype any longer.

I think Avengers made the transition some time this year and now it would be appreciating with or without a movie.

I've mentioned this before...I don't think movie hype brings in 5 and 6 figure buyers.

R.

R.

Do you think all the Marvel keys are taking off because of the Movie hype or because they are keys?

I think Avengers made the transition some time this year and now it would be appreciating with or without a movie.

I've mentioned this before...I don't think movie hype brings in 5 and 6 figure buyers.

R.

agree

But how hard & when? hm

Is this what you thought about today when you were covering a massive

part of the state while working? :idea:

But how hard & when? hm

I see the new graemlins are paying off already. Excellent!

But how hard & when? hm

Thought is a generous word FLEE. :golfclap:

R.

R.

I don't think 5 and 6 figure buyers are the overall supporters of this industry. Just the figure heads. The thousands of $500-$5000 buyers are what matter. And therefore how books in that price range react to market changes are more important.

Actually I've been seeing some correction to Avengers 1, but agree that it is more settling rather than a precipitous drop.

Avengers 4, on the other hand, will probably continue to climb as long as demand remains constant and strong. I am, of course, biased since Cap is my favorite character. On the other hand, I think Avengers 4 has something iconic -- with the (re)-appearance of one of the cornerstone characters of the Marvel Universe.

I think it will crash after the hype. It's a silver age key but most consider it a minor key because all characters are already established.

It's on my list as a "want" but not a needed book. I'd rather spend big bucks chasing books like FF 1 or Hulk 1 :shrug:

R.

R.

I don't think 5 and 6 figure buyers are the overall supporters of this industry. Just the figure heads. The thousands of $500-$5000 buyers are what matter. And therefore how books in that price range react to market changes are more important.

My thinking was that the big books (5-6 figure books) are what has been pulling prices up and continue to increase urgency or fear of loss. We were talking about prices and whether they will rise, plateau or drop.

As long as the keys continue to rise they will continue to pull up the lower grade copies of the same books.

R.

I agree. You can't compare Avengers #1 & 4 to Ghost Rider & ASM #300. Comic collecting as we know it wasn't even a factor in 1964 whereas GR and ASM #300 came at a time when collecting was at an all time high. High grade copies of Avengers #1 & 4 (and #11! Hmmm.... hm 16 & 25 too!) are a very finite resource where GRs and ASM #300 are a dime a dozen. These Avengers books will continue to appreciate over the years and will continue to remain a solid investment. 8.5 or better copies of both books should bring a very nice return on a 10 or 20 year investment. I can't see early (pre-1965) hi grade Marvel keys doing anything except climbing steadily as time goes by.

I think it will crash after the hype. It's a silver age key but most consider it a minor key because all characters are already established.

It's on my list as a "want" but not a needed book. I'd rather spend big bucks chasing books like FF 1 or Hulk 1 :shrug:

I wouldn't bank on the crash. FF 1, ASM 1, AF 15, are getting unattainable to the average collector. Especially in any kind of decent grade. So if you want to have a silver age key Marvel you have to look at Avengers 1, and 4, and others, as places to invest in, or just to jump on the key comic train. So, demand increases, price increases.

It's been happening a long time.

I wouldn't bank on the crash. FF 1, ASM 1, AF 15, are getting unattainable to the average collector. Especially in any kind of decent grade. So if you want to have a silver age key Marvel you have to look at Avengers 1, and 4, and others, as places to invest in, or just to jump on the key comic train. So, demand increases, price increases.

It's been happening a long time.

hm

Good point. But if collectors divert away from AF 15, FF 1 and ASM 1 thus diminishing demand won't those prices drop as well? :baiting: