• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is This Comic Trimmed????????

53 posts in this topic

No, I didnt name names. First of all, one doesnt need be a brain surgeon to realize who this is, but a URL is naturally one-of-a-kind, and quite LIMITING to how you can direct another to an example.

The statement/ post has NO NAMES. Look further.

Go and play psychiatrist with another labelling them obsessive. Do not assume another to be uptight, one may assume the same about you for doing so.

Again, maybe I should have directed anyone interested (which Im sure there are none, right?) to a blank URL.

Ive contained whatever naming COULD have taken place to a bare minimum.

While STILL attempting to get a message across, whether or not anyone deems it appropriate, relevant, funny, disgraceful, informative, or whatever.

An opinion EVERYONE is entitled to.

The bottom line is this:

There is more GOOD than harm intended with this post.

Pimpy,

I know that he has been banned. Part Reason for not naming names. I wasnt accusing, but rather asking for opinions.

If I wanted to "start trouble", trust me, I could have had a field day this last week with said banning, but refrained.

If everyone is happy that I dont "accuse" anymore, I will stop.

I will say this though: When good people get screwed and defrauded in this world, in any way, I like to stand up for them in any way I can. No Im not Superman, but its just not right. Maybe I have Rose colored glasses, but I would like to think that something CAN be done.

Santa

PS: No one is getting any slabbed comics for x-mas this year, there behind schedule and wont make it for December 25th.

From the scan, the bottom cvr looks trimmed. Width to the right edge COULD vary naturally from the printer. Since cgc is lousy at spotting trim jobs anyway, the top bidder probably will send it for slabbing regardless. Then hope to resell during the Marvel movie hype all yr long in 2003.

sad to hear about you not receiving your books before christmas. seriously i think board members need a vacation break from the mud slinging and chest thumping between members. the whole comic-keys/methuselah/danny dupcak has been played out over and over like a broken record. when newbies appear on the board and ask about it, we usually just tell them to do a search and all the needed info would show up......never the less, let's just let sleeping dogs lie. smile.gif

" No one is getting any slabbed comics for x-mas this year, there behind schedule and wont make it for December 25th."

I don't know where you got this information, but it is wrong. All tiers are on time except for Economy which is only 10 days behind schedule. So people will be getting back certified comics not just for X-mass, but for Chanukah and Ramadan as well! grin.gif

damn dude, misquote the guy to death why don't you shocked.gif

here's his joke

science in this country is not yet advanced enough to actually trim a comic book

and this is what you quoted him as saying:

science in this country is not advanced enough to detect trimmed comics

Copy and paste my man. copy and paste...

Wow thanks for the help. I can read what it says and so can anyone else on this forum - DUHHH! But what he said makes no sense so instead of being a smart i chose to interpret what i think he meant. If you can follow that. Anyone with scissors can trim a comic book. it is the detection that is difficult as a lot of older comics are irregular. so it makes more sense to me that he meant to talk about detection of trimming as that is what cgc does and it fits better with what is being discussed. But thanks for your help - I really mean it. If you read a lot and analyze what is being said , it is often much easier to understand what is going on.

Report what exactly?

You are spamming. Since this is essentially ALL you post about, it is spamming.

2) Named names

As was pointed out in the post above, the name was part of the URL, you named names.

3) Initiate an argument (similar to what you are doing)

Everything you post is pretty much argumentative, which also makes you a troll.

Oh yeah, Im Santa Clause. Thats who I REALLY am. I guess my message has no merit now.

You are half right. Your message has no merit because you don't have the guts to post under the name people here know you as.

Phil

Who else thinks this book is trimmed?

Unfortunately, from that scan, it is impossible to determine if the book has been trimmed, especially just the right edge of the cover. You need magnification and good lighting at different angles to detect that. You want to examine the color of the exposed edge and compare it to that of the other edges. You want to examine the cut itself, determine the angle of the cut and if there are angle fluctuations (here I am talking about the edge of the comic itself - so I am talking minute fluctuations over a paper-thin edge). Check for signs of the type of cutter used: guillotine, paper cutter, razor and straightedge. Examine the ink at the very edge and see how the dots are broken. Compare to the other edges. Etc. Etc.

From that scan the best anyone can say is it may be trimmed and it may be a printer error.

You are spamming. Since this is essentially ALL you post about, it is spamming.

If THIS doesnt not PROVE to me that you are INCOMPETENT, nothing will.

1) I am selling NOTHING

2) I am gaining NOTHING

3) The text was written in ONE forum, not directed to anyone in particular, not in mass.

4)It was a post FAR removes (in terms of time) from any prior post of mine.

Just because ANYONE posts about one particular area, interests, hobby, area of a hobby, specialization, like, dislike, does NOT make them spamming.

You HAVE to be more intelligent than this. Seriously.

As was pointed out in the post above, the name was part of the URL, you named names.

As was pointed out above ALSO, was the inherent limitations of including a link which DID NOT have his name, and non-existent in this case.

*NO* names were explicityly given, you happy now? I didnt think so. Maybe I should have drawn the scan on the computer screen in crayon. Theres a joke there, but I will not go there.

Everything you post is pretty much argumentative, which also makes you a troll.

YOU are the troll. Trust me, I know what a troll is. I would bet my life that I have more computer correspondance in one day than you have in a month.

TROLL - One that begins (initiates) a flaming or war of words with another or set of posters to a newsgroup or similar message oriented forum, ONLY to gain a NEGATIVE response or conflict from them.

FACT - I stated information pertaining to an auction/ scan that is far from honest in many peoples eyes, WITHOUT anything vulgar, racial, or the like.

YOU - Initiated a war of words by labelling and accusing, and calling another person's opinion ""

THAT is trolling.

YOU are a troll by the KNOWN FACT of newsgroup etiquette. Take a look on any NG and get back to me.

You are half right. Your message has no merit because you don't have the guts to post under the name people here know you as.

I find this extremely interesting.

Why such a HUGE and SIMILAR interest to another who many readers and posters know here, with "having guts". Why do you honestly care who or what I am? Its no concern of yours, or anyone elses. And if you did know, trust me, you would and could do NOTHING.

I think many people want to know who YOU truly are.

Funny how I stopped this thread, but a similar type poster has "flamed" things up again. EXACTLY what a troll is. PERIOD.

Poverty,

Thanks for the intelligent response, and everyone else that did so in that manner. I am learning quite a bit. I NEVER said the book was definitely trimmed. Only in my opinion.

The fact that the angle of the cut is VERY strange, something I dont ever remember seeing, is what got me going on this. The excuse that it is a "common error" by the auctioneer is mind-boggling. it MAY be a printing error, but I feel this is FAR from common. I have compared this "specimen" with about 50+ others from various sources and have not founf this "common" error/ flaw/ whatever in ANY of them.

Another reason for the angle could be a spine roll of course, but who knows.

Santa, nah! Im the Easter Bunny now!

If THIS doesnt not PROVE to me that you are INCOMPETENT, nothing will.

Trolling

YOU are the troll. Trust me, I know what a troll is. I would bet my life that I have more computer correspondance in one day than you have in a month.

That would not be a smart bet.

FACT - I stated information pertaining to an auction/ scan that is far from honest in many peoples eyes, WITHOUT anything vulgar, racial, or the like.

What you did was start in on a subject that Arch and many here have asked not be started up again.

YOU - Initiated a war of words by labelling and accusing, and calling another person's opinion ""

I did not say a word about your opinion. I was referring to the inevitable that would come from your post, and sure enough it started hasn't it?

YOU are a troll by the KNOWN FACT of newsgroup etiquette. Take a look on any NG and get back to me.

I have plenty of Newsgroup experience, I know quite well what a Troll is. I mean here I am explaining all of this to one.

Phil

Donut;

I would be thrilled if this would stop. I am so sick of this whole subject you wouldn't believe it. It is tiring to log in and wade through this kind of garbage all the time. We go for a couple weeks or so things are really going nicely here and then suddenly this garbage gets brought up again, and back into the gutter we go.

Phil