• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is This Comic Trimmed????????

53 posts in this topic

Ok, Im not strying to stir things up here, but this looks pretty obvious, and I personnaly fear for the people bidding on this.

Who else thinks this book is trimmed?

Is This Comic Trimmed?

The right edge, in my opinion is DEFINITELY trimmed, and diagonally at that!

The auctioneer states that this is a 9.4? In what world?????????

The chip by the thing would knock it down considerably first off, but there seems to be OBVIOUS trimming here.

The owner creates states that the defect is "quite normal a factory production trait for this issue"

UNREAL

Lets see how "normal" this is with other just ended or current ASM #1 auctions:

Taks a look and COMPARE:

Example #1

Example #2

Example #3

Example #4

There are many other examples that prove this statement to be fraudelent, in my opinion.

Any opinions? Hopefully from REGULAR POSTERS, and not anyone anonomous or just-regged loon.

Thanks

It's not that the book is trimmed, the problem is that the mylar is too big.

Furthermore, I think this concept of trimming is pure science-fiction. In my opinion, science in this country is not yet advanced enough to actually trim a comic book. Wow, what an imagination! What next? Sending your comic books out to have someone else grade them!

Obviously not. The horse is still breathing. this is not some "measly" little Journey Into Mystery #117 or whatever, this is a MAJOR scam, for major bucks.

Well, if it truly is a major scam, it's been going on for a while & it looks like it will be going on for a while yet. Rather than WHINING about it, why don't you propose some practical SUGGESTIONS on how to STOP it. Continually whining on the CGC Forums in all likelihood will NOT get it done.

Bachelor of Comics

Maybe YOU should be the one moving along and labelling another's opinions about a RELEVANT topic ""

And if ANYONE thinks this irrelevant, tell that to the person who ends up winning this auction. IF the person is real of course

I DEFINITELY find it both important and possibly informative when a book of such status will possibly be passed off and sold to someone else in this manner.

Just dont read and/ or respond if you deem it unimportant.

Move On...Like you said.

You want some practical suugestions?

How about creating some sort of site/ listing somewhere that:

1) Tracks what this individual (and possibly others) purchase, with pertinent info such as issue, $, seller, and a FULL picture/ screen-shot of the ending auction so that the 30 day limit will NOT limit the use of the information here and can be held forever.

2) Track what is being sold/ sold/ re-sold, etc by these people. It is obvious by the many posts here there and everywhere, that his "source" of MANY these altered comics are E-Bay and online and this CAN BE TRACKED by e-bays own tools.

3) List "volunteers" to come forward and explain their experience with their auctions they won, with proof of course.

This is much easier than anyone can imagine. Copy the things these people win, slabbed or not, then watch for the turnaround, months or a year or so later. Why would ANYONE sell a Silver Surfer UNSLABBED as 9.8 and then shortly afterward, buy a SLABBED (9.4?) one?????????????

Sorry If Im being "whiny", but it is just plain wrong to do this to innocent collectors. It sickens me, being a collector myself.

You want some practical suugestions?How about creating some sort of site/ listing somewhere that:

Well that's a start. Since this appears to be your own personal crusade, why don't you start it up & get back to us when it is up & running. Thank you & Good Luck!!!

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

I agree with Bachelor...No way in hell would I buy it unless he had it graded himself and it came back Universal. Probably wouldnt get a 9.4 though. This is why CGC is here...not for the modern schlock that all grade 9.8+ but for the older books that come into question such as this ASM 1. grin.gif

Report what exactly?

Responding to you is like hitting your head against a wall.

What part of DONT RESPOND IF YOU DO NOT LIKE WHAT YOU ARE READING? dont you undertand? Seriously?

I have not:

1) Used vulgar language

2) Named names

3) Initiate an argument (similar to what you are doing)

4) Used any racial slurs, or anything else similar

Im am all open to critisism here. If I am TRULY doing something wrong, then I accept full responsibility for it,

Other than that, as already stated, the ORIGINAL post was meant for informative purposes ONLY. I DID NOT include the FULL URL of the auction, ONLY the picture.

Oh yeah, Im Santa Clause. Thats who I REALLY am. I guess my message has no merit now.

See? You would have never thought Ole Saint Nick collected comics now would ya:)?

In your original post, you could clearly see the name 'comic-keys' in the URL...

So yes you did name names.

With all respect, if this really is your so important to you then, like some have mentioned before, start the list, make the website with the purchases this 'individual' makes... collect the hard data, manage the facts and broadcast the results. I'm sure lots of people will support you and even more will find it interesting.

For the last three months, this has been the most talked about topic, it has been a waste of most people's time and effort and most of us have decided to move on to greener pastures.

Most, if not all, your messages have been about this topic, or this certain individual, some might call it an obsession... go read some funny books, that's what most of us do when we get too uptight.