• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INCREDIBLE AUCTION RESULTS CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

74 posts in this topic

As incredible as those results are, I think I am more astounded by the CGC 9.6 copy of ASM#14 that sold for over $53K in March. That is just unbelievable.

As incredible as those results are, I think I am more astounded by the CGC 9.6 copy of ASM#14 that sold for over $53K in March. That is just unbelievable.

Was that on ComicLink?

Was that on ComicLink?

ComicConnect.

Oh wait, it's in GPA. Does ComicConnect submit to GPA? I was thinking no, but maybe I'm wrong if this one's in there.

Has anyone seen anybody throwing this kind of money around prior to CGC? This feels like brand-new-from-outside-the-hobby money. That FF 26 sat on Mark Wilson's site for at least a year or two at a quarter that price, so somebody's either won the lottery or is new to collecting this stuff.

Scott, it'd be interesting to see the bids if the book was bid up in increments or if two guys just threw in mega all or nothing bids in the last moments.

R.

Scott, it'd be interesting to see the bids if the book was bid up in increments or if two guys just threw in mega all or nothing bids in the last moments.

R.

True, but I have to think it was just two people. I can't imagine more than two people being willing to pay that much money for that book. Hell, I can't imagine one person being willing to pay that much money for ASM#14 in 9.6!

Was that on ComicLink?

ComicConnect.

Oh wait, it's in GPA. Does ComicConnect submit to GPA? I was thinking no, but maybe I'm wrong if this one's in there.

Yes, they do. Metropolis too, I think.

Was that on ComicLink?

ComicConnect.

Yes, they do. Metropolis too, I think.

Unless they've changed things, I think Metro submits only select CGC sales. Metro/ComicConnect might submit all CGC sales because they sell in a public auction format and it may be easier for GPA to capture the data that way.

R.

True, but I have to think it was just two people. I can't imagine more than two people being willing to pay that much money for that book. Hell, I can't imagine one person being willing to pay that much money for ASM#14 in 9.6!

I agree. Two people throwing in nutty bids trying to outsnipe the other. I've done it a few times but not against a big book like that.

I know other people have done it too.

If you go against someone who really wants it the results can be devastating.

THAT is ridiculous

As astounding as that is, I'm more flabbergasted by the Amazing Adventures #11 that sold for $7700?!

BTW - You may be right about prices being unbelievable. I think I'm going to choose not to believe them.