• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just got back my PGX re-sub from CGC ................

132 posts in this topic

How does anyone expect three entirely different graders, working at entirely different times on different days, to maintain a consistancy?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you will get more consistant grading from one long-time individual dealer that you'll get from CGC.

Now, if that dealer just happens to be a damned good grader into the bargain, you're on a real winner. (thumbs u

I would give the book a 5.0

You can grade a book from only a blurry picture of the front cover taken through a slab? That's some serious skill. :o

I take your point. (thumbs u

However, do you think it looks like a 6.5? (shrug)

I would need to see a back cover scan in order to judge the severity of the spine roll. Can't tell how much is miswrap and how much is roll.

You can grade a book from only a blurry picture of the front cover taken through a slab? That's some serious skill. :o

I would need to see a back cover scan in order to judge the severity of the spine roll. Can't tell how much is miswrap and how much is roll.

Nicely sidestepped, counselor. :baiting:

lol

lol

That response only cost him 10 years of student loans. ;)

lol

I don't guess when it comes to grading. :sumo:

That said, if a slight spine roll is the only defect of note I don't see a problem with 6.5.

lol

15 years. I just finished my MBA too.

lol

Damn! Congrats! :acclaim:

It has noticeable roll on back cover

lol

Mad Props man, CONGRATS!!! I am barely about finish my undergrad, it took me damn near 5 years..

lol

Mad Props man, CONGRATS!!! I am barely about finish my undergrad, it took me damn near 5 years..

If "real life" didn't cost so much, I'd still be in school. I loved all 7 years of it. :grin: Much debauchery...much fun. :cloud9:

What book did you have that went up 3 grades?!!!? I have got to see the before and after scans if you have them, that is CRAZY!...8.5 to 9.4, what book was that?

I don't have scans of the original books, but I do have the labels from the PGX books and I have the scans of the books in their CGC cases.

pgxgrades.jpg

And here are the books.

adventure337.jpg

adventure334.jpg

hero1.jpg

avengers53.jpg

jla41.jpg

If I would have picked one that I thought would get a 9.6 it would have been the JLA 41.

I'm not saying all PGX books grade higher. I have many that are graded 9.0 and would probably get a 9.0. Some might go down. So these were cherry picked from my PGX books that I had picked up over the years.

Thank You!

I was a little shocked the Hero for Hire got the 9.2, I just wanted it in a CGC case and thought it had an outside shot at a 9.0. So I was very happy with the 9.2!