• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Night Nurse, The Cat, Shanna the She-Devil

60 posts in this topic

:frown:

Cloud loves the Night-Nurse , not to mention other off-beat characters , such as the illustrious Mind-Worm...... :whistle:

I'm thinking the Night Nurse might even tend to the psychological wounds of the Mindworm. Now that might make for an unlimited series. :whistle:

One of those eight 9.4s is up for auction at ComicLink. The asking price? A cool $1,000.

If we've finally come to the day that a NM copy of Night Nurse sells for $1K in cash, then you know we're sitting on a huge market bubble.

I can't remember what Sullypython paid for the the 9.8, but it was a very pretty penny. The 9.4s and 9.6s are getting the "drag up effect." I guess I will be waiting for the market crash to get my NN #1. :cry:

Find a raw copy and sub it. They aren't just flying out of bins at the cons. (shrug)

You are a dork. This is a tough book in true HG, comparable, I would say to HFH #1. Not as tough as Li'l Kids, Homer, or Peter the Little Pest, but tough. The wall copies at cons are always more dogged out than your prom date. It is legitimately tough (as much as 70's Marvels can be anyway). If they were lying in bins at cons they would already be subbed. Nik and greggy would have found them all.

That's not necessarily true. You don't see a lot of them subbed because there isn't a giant demand for them. The biggest interested party would be a picture frame completist, as far as #1 is concerned. That being said, many picture frame collectors aren't interested in the issue as it isn't a superhero title. Put it in a PF Registry set and it would take off.

I think you are wrong. I bet there are ten #1 collectors for every picture frame collector.

That's not necessarily true. You don't see a lot of them subbed because there isn't a giant demand for them. The biggest interested party would be a picture frame completist #1 collectors, as far as #1 is concerned. That being said, many picture frame collectors #1 collectors aren't interested in the issue as it isn't a superhero title. Put it in a PF #1 collectors Registry set and it would take off.

Okay, fixed! (thumbs u

That's not necessarily true. You don't see a lot of them subbed because there isn't a giant demand for them. The biggest interested party would be a picture frame completist #1 collectors, as far as #1 is concerned. That being said, many picture frame collectors #1 collectors aren't interested in the issue as it isn't a superhero title. Put it in a PF #1 collectors Registry set and it would take off.

Okay, fixed! (thumbs u

:slapfight:meh:slapfight:meh:slapfight:meh

Guys, what's the big mystery? It's all about Bendis. Ever since Bendis put NN in DD a few years ago, it's been scorching. I've been looking for nice but <9.0 copies for a while, and they either go too high for me, or I am not looking at the right time (I always see closed auctions for prices I'd gladly pay).

So who are the people looking for Night Nurse? Collectors who like Oddball stuff (like me), or Bronze-Age completionists, or both? I guess both groups are somehow capable of keeping prices high. (And the sellers seem to be very, very patient, waiting for someone to eventually pony up...)

I think there might be some crossover appeal from non-comic book collectors. My Mom is a nurse (who just happened to be a night nurse), and I bought an entire set of CGC'd books for her, and she loved them!

And Shanna

In order to make the scans trilogy complete: HG NN #1-4

NightNurse1.jpg

NightNurse2.jpg

NightNurse3.jpg

NightNurse4.jpg

Am I the only one that noticed she became a redhead on the cover of #4 after being a blonde the first three? hm

New hair stylist? :insane:

Am I the only one that noticed she became a redhead on the cover of #4 after being a blonde the first three? hm

I believe that was a friend on NN #4... anyone have the issue scans to confirm?

I believe that was a friend on NN #4... anyone have the issue scans to confirm?

I checked it out, and I was correct (big surprise) - Linda Carter was on the covers of NN 1-3, but her friend Christine Palmer was on the cover to #4.

Dude, she's female. No female over the age of 20 can even remember her natural hair color. :gossip:

Do they loose the ability to look down? (shrug)

They don't realize that's the tell. They're so naive. hm