• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So how does your partner rate?

Comic Collecting Freedom Poll  

417 members have voted

1. 1. Comic Collecting Freedom Poll

91 posts in this topic

I'm in a sad minority of .5 - 2.5. I really should 'turn' and go for a guy like this who'll understand my funny book needs

3265330195_e64b983ffa.jpg

HEY! I can't participate in this poll. :(

Sorry Lauren :sorry:

I only had 5 options and mixing a womans perspective into it was way beyond me after so many drinks :eek:

Just drop your vote in and tell us how many slabs your guy has sorted this week for ya (thumbs u

It's ok. :)

Pat collects comics too, so it's pretty much whatever.

He hasn't organized any for me this weekend. Instead he got to watch me make awkward faces as I got my Jughead tattoo this afternoon. Even better!

Damaged goods

You're not my boyfriend, so it's ok! :hi:

Just messing with you. :foryou:

HEY! I can't participate in this poll. :(

Sorry Lauren :sorry:

I only had 5 options and mixing a womans perspective into it was way beyond me after so many drinks :eek:

Just drop your vote in and tell us how many slabs your guy has sorted this week for ya (thumbs u

It's ok. :)

Pat collects comics too, so it's pretty much whatever.

He hasn't organized any for me this weekend. Instead he got to watch me make awkward faces as I got my Jughead tattoo this afternoon. Even better!

Damaged goods

You're not my boyfriend, so it's ok! :hi:

Just messing with you. :foryou:

I know hon. <3 (thumbs u

My wife actually loves that I got back into comics after an 11-year break because it all goes to our children. She'll even ask me questions about books as I am unwrapping them from the mail about what is so special about that issue, who wrote it, artist, etc.

Wait a minute! Think she is planning on taking my collection ahead of time?

SHOOOT - I didn't see that coming. Gotta go!

My wife actually loves that I got back into comics after an 11-year break because it all goes to our children. She'll even ask me questions about books as I am unwrapping them from the mail about 'how much was that?' or 'why the *spoon* are you doing this?'

I know where you're coming from meh

The wife is very supportive of my comic habit. As long as I have the money she doesn't care what I buy or how much it costs. To help with this I opened an ING account that is only for back issue purchases. I put anywhere from $50.00 to $100.00 a pay into the account and when I see something I want I buy it.

(on a side not she is into quilting and opened her own account to purchase her quilting items.)

This has worked so well that when I come home from a show and she asks how much I spent I tell her. Since it's money that is already set aside there is no issues. She humors me and looks at the books, but they really don't mean anything to her. Though she does like it when I purchase some Pink Panther comics for her.

Here is a little story. About a month ago there was an auction near us (hour away). I was sick the day before and not quite 100% the day of the auction. She drove me to the auction and watched me spend $500.00 in 2 hours. How is that for a wife? I say she's a 10. :headbang:

My wife actually loves that I got back into comics after an 11-year break because it all goes to our children. She'll even ask me questions about books as I am unwrapping them from the mail about 'how much was that?' or 'why the *spoon* are you doing this?'

I know where you're coming from meh

lol

yes, for a period of time it was "WHAT THE SPOON ARE YOU DOING THAT FOR AGAIN?!" But it got better with wine and roses.

As long as the bills are paid and we get to go on vacations and trips to the coast regularly.....she's tops NM !! I have my own room for my comics and she has her own room for her sewing and my room is way more organized :grin:

Not only that but vacations often mean going to San Diego Comic Con (thumbs u

I suppose I should elaborate and say she doen't really care how much I spend on comics as long as the kids are fine. They're both spoiled rotten and the wife goes without nothing so that part is not a problem.

It's the physical aspect she hates. Can I hang a cover canvas? Hell no. Can I display my CGCs? Hell no.

I suppose I should elaborate and say she doen't really care how much I spend on comics as long as the kids are fine. They're both spoiled rotten and the wife goes without nothing so that part is not a problem.

It's the physical aspect she hates. Can I hang a cover canvas? Hell no. Can I display my CGCs? Hell no.

:roflmao: Sounds VERY familiar.

That's why when we purchased our house I called basement.

DSCN6283.jpg

DSCN6285.jpg

DSCN6286.jpg

I really didn't care what she did with the rest of the house. So now we have quilts hanging all over the place.

:roflmao: Sounds VERY familiar.

That's what he meant really lol

I really didn't care what she did with the rest of the house. So now we have quilts hanging all over the place.

:roflmao:

I can almost hear you saying that, in a resigned tone of voice and a shrug of the shoulders. Nice basement, BTW!

DSCN6285.jpg

:gossip: your Subby is crooked

DSCN6285.jpg

I can almost hear you saying that, in a resigned tone of voice and a shrug of the shoulders. Nice basement, BTW!

I really don't mind. She does great work and will spend hours at a time in her "quilting room." She has 2 issues right now. First we are running out of wall space, so it's getting harder to find a place to hang the quilts. Second my stepson leaves for college this fall and she is itching to move her room to his bedroom. It's bigger and gives her more walls to use. Of course that won't happen he has already claimed that he will be home during breaks and expects his room to be the way he left it.

DSCN6285.jpg

No he's fine, all the others are off.

my wife is a 10. She supported my hasty decision to dip into savings and purchase a creased, unslabbed book of unknown origin for $2000, sold by someone I had met before only through the Internet. She knew I wanted it.

(The book was an Amazing Fantasy 15 that came back from CGC a blue label 5.0) :cloud9: