• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So how does your partner rate?

Comic Collecting Freedom Poll  

417 members have voted

1. 1. Comic Collecting Freedom Poll

91 posts in this topic

My husband's wife, loves comics:)

oh and :news: (for the one who posted this...;) women have been wearing pants for a few years, now;)

:roflmao: Not in my house :sumo:

:roflmao: :roflmao: yeah..ejjjmmm.. ;)

Did you say your 'Mom'?

I thought this was a partner thread... (shrug)

It's a message board. If you didn't read it right the first time you can go back and read it again :gossip:

Did you say your 'Mom'?

I thought this was a partner thread... (shrug)

It's a message board. If you didn't read it right the first time you can go back and read it again :gossip:

Explain that to me again hm

My wife enjoys comic cons and reads comic books. She lets me enjoy my hobby and only asks that I keep the expenses within our budget and even doesn't mind when I go over at times. So yes I'd say Mint.... but more like an 11

My wife understands my passion for the hobby, and is very supportive. Now if you ask what she thinks of me being on the boards........

And that Cal comment. Gav, you are asking for it.

Hello! I am glad I was "sort of" included here.

The A:

My wife is the PERFECT GEM MINT 10.0.

But a few "tidbits" so I can remain completely 100% honest, not 90% honest.

1) She HATED the comics at first. She was UPSET when I started eBay back in 2000.

2) The "deal" was made: I could spend $$$ on a monthly budget. Whatever I spent per month she was to get "equal access" Dollar for Dollar. Now she works too, but does not make as much as I do. This was still a fair deal because a lot of my "extra" income buys the comics, and all funds are put in one big pot anyway.

3) The girls hated the comics at first. They felt that I was spending way too much in excess. They wanted new cars, revolving-door-new-clothes, etc. I solved PART of this problem by getting them to work for calamerica-collectibles part-time to get them some "earned" $$$. Wife backed me up 100% which I did not expect at first.

4) When I got sick with pneumonia November 2007 I not only missed 2 weeks of work( part-time anyway), I was unable to do eBay. Wife & Girls all pinched-hit for me and while there was a few mistakes made, I was able to escape that Selling mode without any negatives and they were perfect with the CGC Forumites that bought from me.

5) In February 2008 the kidney ailments disabled me and was confined in bed for weeks. The women pitched in again.

6) In October 2008 they did it again. They missed one eBayer and two CGCers that I was to buy from, but two out of the three were understanding and I paid them and got my stuff.

As a result of the women salvaging calamerica-collectibles, all of them can grade, pack, ship, PayPal, and manage my Merchant account.The girls actually took an interest in some of the "odd-ball" comics I would stumble on like Felix the Cat and the few Disneys. TV/Movie comics they liked too. They liked going to the Theatres and saw all 3 Spideys, the 2 FF's, Daredevil, the 2 Hulks, and LOVED Iron Man.

Things could not have worked out any better and I am grateful for the family I have.

The ultimate blessing.

CAL who can bestow gratitude where it is completely deserved