• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which is better - CGC 9.4 OW-W or CGC 9.2 W?

43 posts in this topic

I'd take the 9.2 with White pages.

Page quality is more valuable to me than a .2 "note" that could really go either way.... My 2 cents. Buy the book. Not the label. :sumo:

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

you guys do realize that pq is just as subjective as the .2. If both books were subbed 10x i can almost guarantee both would go through grade and pq 'changes' Labels are labels. buy books.

Best post in this thread.

Whether to go with the 9.2 or 9.4, unless you're a complete label whore, has to be determined on a case by case basis. I've seen 9.2s in 9.4 holders and vice versa; I've seen WHITE paged books that, for some reason, just don't look that "fresh" on the front and back covers. I've seen OW paged books with brilliant color strike and gloss. I've seen 9.4s sell for 30% more than a 9.2, and I've seen them sell for 1000% more. Some books are tough in 9.4, others with WHITE pages, or they may be plentiful in both grades.

In other words, trying to make a :"standard" buying rule simply going by grade and PQ, without taking any of this other stuff into consideration, is a little silly.

Also, I find it funny that people claim they go for WHITE pages because they are so worried about a book's state of preservation, when in all likelihood, that book will be flipped or sold within 6 months of purchase. At the end of the day, it's about LIQUIDITY. There's a premium on WHITE paged books because, quite frankly, they're that much easier to sell.

Whether to go with the 9.2 or 9.4, unless you're a complete label whore, has to be determined on a case by case basis. I've seen 9.2s in 9.4 holders and vice versa; I've seen WHITE paged books that, for some reason, just don't look that "fresh" on the front and back covers. I've seen OW paged books with brilliant color strike and gloss. I've seen 9.4s sell for 30% more than a 9.2, and I've seen them sell for 1000% more. Some books are tough in 9.4, others with WHITE pages, or they may be plentiful in both grades.

In other words, trying to make a :"standard" buying rule simply going by grade and PQ, without taking any of this other stuff into consideration, is a little silly.

Also, I find it funny that people claim they go for WHITE pages because they are so worried about a book's state of preservation, when in all likelihood, that book will be flipped or sold within 6 months of purchase. At the end of the day, it's about LIQUIDITY. There's a premium on WHITE paged books because, quite frankly, they're that much easier to sell.

unless you are somewhat like my collecting preferences - I love WHITE pagers! has nothing to do with preservation factors.

The pages should remain intact for a few hundred years. So at that time I will decide what to do..

CAL wants to live to be 500 and still do certain "activities"