• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Killing Joke - How do I tell if it's first edition?

13 posts in this topic

The Killing Joke from 1988 1st print has green lettering on the cover title. All other prints have different color titles.

The first print is still sought after of course, but I find it is the most common, and trying to collect all the 11 (?) prints would be quite a chore.

Killing Joke 1st print link

Click on the link for a look at a first print.

Thanks guys!

I got the Titan version for £6.00 (about $9.50)... 1st print. I saw it and immediately bought it, thinking it was a bargain?

It's probably a 9.6/9.8, but I didn't realize there were Titan versions till afterwards. My copy is still pretty decent, right?

I would have rather it have been a DC print though!

The Killing Joke from 1988 1st print has green lettering on the cover title. All other prints have different color titles.

The first print is still sought after of course, but I find it is the most common, and trying to collect all the 11 (?) prints would be quite a chore.

Killing Joke 1st print link

Click on the link for a look at a first print.

That's the rare "shattered case" edition. Wow!

Super find.

My copy is still pretty decent, right?

I don't think the Titan prints would command anywhere near what the DC prints fetch. Same as pence copies, British prints just aren't that sought after. Especially with TKJ as there are always Titan 1st prints showing up on eBay.

Usually books will say somewhere in the inside where the copyright is, if its a first edition or not.

Bingo.

My copy clearly list it as a second printing on the inside of the book.