• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay BATMAN #11 scam

55 posts in this topic

Actually, when I lived in Brooklyn I used to visit that Comics Plus in Park Slope, Brooklyn, uh, between 6th and 7th Street on Seventh Avenue. Family shop as far as I could tell. Not a big store at all. I don't know about the other locations. The guy that ran it would be in his late 30's early 40's by now.

I won't believe he is legit until I see an Action 1 and a Honus Wagner T206 combo auction!

Then I'll bid! thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And maybe toss in one of those stamps with the upsidedown airplane too!

makepoint.gif

Pretty pathetic attempt. I guess we should be thankful for these rank amateurs as opposed to polish con men like comic keys.

At first I thought that you just left the "ed" off of polished,......then I thought of Danny's last name.......now I'm not quite sure.????? You're not OK with Croatian con men are you? 27_laughing.gif

I'm not up on coins much but I remember hearing something about a rare nickel. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey!

Maybe he got all these great comics cherry-picking the "Daddy's Little Girl" collection before it hit eBay and sold for $15,000 two month ago!

893whatthe.gif

I'm not up on coins much but I remember hearing something about a rare nickel. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey!

Maybe he got all these great comics cherry-picking the "Daddy's Little Girl" collection before it eBay and sold for $15,000 two month ago!

893whatthe.gif

Yeah...the nickels were manufacured illegally with a design that was supposed to have ended the previous year! Sigh...I've been exposed as reading the coin forums! 893frustrated.gif

Did anyone else bid on the King_of_comics auctions that ended last Sunday. Here is the item that I won:

Tales of Suspense Lot

He had many other high grade lots, including a JIM lot that went for $2100. He had 0 feedback, but I bid on it because he accpeted Paypal with a credit card. So if he doesn't come through I will dispute the charge. Anybody win any of his others? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No way, I would never go after a lot with no pictures and a 1 feedback seller with a bunch of auctions of grouped together higher grade books. He may send you something, but I wonder if they'll actually be in the grades listed. Or he may send you some really nice books. Good luck either way.

Brian

Holy 893censored-thumb.gif! The guy just put up the Shroud of Turin, with an opening bid of $450! I'm starting to think there might be something a little suspicious about this guy's auctions!

shroud.jpg

BTW - Does CGC have plans on slabbing religious relics? I'd call this a 6.5....with some serious spine roll and some marvel chipping. smirk.gif