• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: BONE #3 w/Sig and Sketch

12 posts in this topic

I had posted this a week ago, along with a SA copy of Marvel Super-Heroes, but i think the timing was really bad, as I didn't get a response. Perhaps the mixture of Bone and Marvel Super-Heroes threw things off. Anyway, I thought I would simplify and just post one book and see if there were any opinions to be had.

I was considering slabbing this, but was on the fence. Obviously, it wouldn't be a SS series, but with the cool little sketch, I was wondering if slabbing would be worth it.

LMK what you think!

bone_3_sketch_sig.jpg

The white, spotty smudge in the top right quadrant isn't actually on the book. Not sure what that is. The gray smudge above it, however, I think is the remnant of a finger print. Any recommendations on getting that off?

bone_3_sketch_sig_back.jpg

Probably an 8.0/8.5. I don;t know how the sig and sketch effects the grade, being it's no a SS book.

BTW, I have an issue #21 (1st Image?) that is also signed and sketched by Jeff. I met him at a Diamond seminar in Columbus Ohio, close to where he lives. He was there to promote joining Image.

I don;t know how the sig and sketch effects the grade, being it's no a SS book.

It would get a Qualified label. :gossip:

I think you have the option of blue label (with the grade beaten-up) or a qualified label with a higher grade. I don't know if it is worth slabbing (I know nothing about modern stuff).

I think you have the option of blue label (with the grade beaten-up) or a qualified label with a higher grade. I don't know if it is worth slabbing (I know nothing about modern stuff).

Green label is automatically given. Blue label (with hammered grade) is given on request (thumbs u

Thanks a lot for the info, guys.

On another note, good lord, I am a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I hadn't realized this was an Image reprint.

That's what I get for looking at books that aren't capes.

Thanks again for the input though. The information regarding how scribbles are handled outside of the SS process is much appreciated!

Don't slab it - the Image reprints of Bone aren't really worth the slabbing fee, no matter what grade they are. And this looks like a 9.0 Q, which is kinda low for a modern book.

Keep it raw!

Don't slab it - the Image reprints of Bone aren't really worth the slabbing fee, no matter what grade they are. And this looks like a 9.0 Q, which is kinda low for a modern book.

Keep it raw!

This is mostly true with a few exceptions if the grade is 9.8 or above (some of the reprints have really cool covers). I would say "especially true" if it's a Qualified. :)