• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

74 DCs To Go - READJUSTED FOR 2004.

66 posts in this topic

thanks for letting me know Osborn:

and FYI from the USPS website:

Prohibitions for Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Any postal item containing enclosures addressed to different persons at different addresses.

Arms and parts of arms, except as noted under Observation #5 below.

Articles, goods infringing British trademarks or copyright laws.

Cards decorated with mica or ground glass or similar materials unless they are placed in envelopes.

Citizens Band Radios, walkie-talkies, microbugs, and radio microphones that are capable of transmitting on any frequency between 26.1 and 29.7 megacycles per second and 88 to 108 Mhz per second.

Goods made in foreign prisons, except those imported for a non-commercial purpose or of a kind not manufactured in the UK.

Horror comics and matrices.

Obscene articles, prints, paintings, cards, films, videotapes, etc.

Perishable infectious biological substances.

Seal skins except those from an accepted source.

Switchblade knives.

I hope you got all your DC Horror domestically, Ian wink.giftongue.gif

More info from USPS website:

Observations for Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1. The following is a list of the names of the counties and city names in Northern Ireland. The County names are in capital letters. The geographic identifiers should be used in addressing mail to Northern Ireland:

ANTRIM:

Antrim

Ballymena

Belfast

Carrickfergus

Larne

Lisburn

Portrush

Toomebridge

Whitehead

ARMAGH:

Armagh

Lurgan

Portsdown

DOWN:

Banbridge

Bangor

Downpatrick

Kilkeel

Newcastle

Newry

Newtownards

LONDONDERRY:

Coleraine

Kilrea

Limavady

Londonderry

Magherafelt

Portstewart

TYRONE:

Cookstown

Dugannon

Moy

Omagh

Strabane

FERMANAGH:

Enniskillen

2. Many types of merchandise, unless sent as unsolicited gifts, require import licenses that the addressees must obtain from the British Board of Trade. Before mailing commercial shipments, senders should be assured that the addressees can obtain licenses if needed.

3. All goods sent to the UK are liable to customs duty and Value Added Tax on importation whether or not the package is marked as a gift." Packages are admitted free of customs charges, however, if they meet the following conditions:

a. Gift packages of small value provided they do not contain any tobacco goods, spirits or wine;

b. Gift packages containing only well-worn clothing (excluding garments of high value), limited quantities of foodstuffs (other than caviar), soap or consumable medical supplies.

4. Postal packages without a customs declaration that contain goods liable to customs duty or control may be seized by the customs authorities.

5. Firearms that are intended for sporting purposes are mailable to Great Britain, provided the prospective addressee has obtained the required import license.

I have a mailing of 2 CGC books to the UK and I'm was paid to use USPS Global Priority rate (good for any regular dimension package under 4 lbs and comes with a G.P.M. tracking number traceable by Parcelforce but not USPS) - I'll let you guys know how long that takes.

CGC 9.0 DEFENDERS 13 HULK SQUADRON SINISTER! ebay item 2212058381

CGC 9.2 GIANT SIZE DEFENDERS 4 SQUADRON SUPRE ebay item 2212058609

sold to stewartandrew64 ; paid for $21 Global priority mail boxed on 1/4/2004 via paypal.

I shipped 1/9/2004 to Redcar, Teesside, UK from Centreville, VA USA

It was received and feedback was left on 01/13/04

confused-smiley-013.gif

I have a mailing of 2 CGC books to the UK and I'm was paid to use USPS Global Priority rate (good for any regular dimension package under 4 lbs and comes with a G.P.M. tracking number traceable by Parcelforce but not USPS) - I'll let you guys know how long that takes.

sold to stewartandrew64 ; paid for $21 Global priority mail boxed on 1/4/2004 via paypal.

confused-smiley-013.gif

You're like like Tom Hanks character in the beginning of Castaway ain't you?....keep this up and you're going to end up all alone on an island selling 9.8 copies of ultimate spider-man #1's to a soccer ball.....

confused-smiley-013.gif

You're like like Tom Hanks character in the beginning of Castaway ain't you?....keep this up and you're going to end up all alone on an island selling 9.8 copies of ultimate spider-man #1's to a soccer ball.....

HUSH UP, Wilson!!! sumo.gif