• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

74 DCs To Go - READJUSTED FOR 2004.

66 posts in this topic

Joe Nacca's missing parcel just arrived after seven weeks, clearly postmarked the 19th November.

Great seven day service, huh ?????????

But I was jumping for joy at restoring the wants list again.

Here it is - 55 to go.

THE 55 DC COMICS I NEED TO COMPLETE THE FULL SET

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS / ADVENTURE COMICS - 17, 22, 26, 27, 70

ALL AMERICAN - 89

ALL FUNNY - 15

ANIMAL ANTICS / MOVIE TOWN ANIMAL ANTICS - 45, 49

BATMAN LEGACY Trade Paperback

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

BUZZY - 34, 70

COMIC CAVALCADE - 15, 60

DALE EVANS COMICS - 22

A DATE WITH JUDY - 15

DETECTIVE COMICS - 2, 3, 4, 5, 27, 29

DOUBLE ACTION - 1, 2 (Number 1 is probably an ashcan)

FALLING IN LOVE - 69, 73, 79, 80

THE FLASH Original Series - 43, 82, 97

FUNNY STUFF - 27, 36, 37

GIRLS LOVE STORIES - 84

GREEN LANTERN (Golden Age) - 30

HEART THROBS - 66

HERE'S HOWIE - 7, 17

HOPALONG CASSIDY - 99, 115, 134

HOUSE OF MYSTERY - 17

IT'S GAMETIME - 3

LEADING COMICS / LEADING SCREEN - 20, 68

MORE FUN - 10

MUTT AND JEFF - 2

SCRIBBLY - 1, 6, 12

SECRET HEARTS - 3

STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES - 5

YOUNG ROMANCE - 128

THE TWO GREAT DC MYSTERIES

DRAGONLANCE Annual - 1 (1990 - If it exists !!!!)

TALES OF THE TEEN TITANS ANNUALS - 5 (1987 - If It Exists)

(Paul Levitz says they don't exist.)

DC PROMOTIONAL AND GIVEAWAY COMICS

THE AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS - 1

BATMAN ADVENTURES BEST WESTERN EDITION - 1

BATMAN PRELL SHAMPOO GIVEAWAY - 1

BATMAN REVELL GIVEAWAY - 1

BATMAN RAIN-BLO GUM COMIC - 1

BLIND JUSTICE Squarebound Giveaway - 1

COMIC CAVALCADE GIVEAWAY - 3

DC DIRECT SHOWCASE - 4, 5

DC HORIZONS - 2, 3, 12 onwards

FLASH FORCE 2000 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

FLASH TV BROCHURE GIVEAWAY - 1

HAPPY TOOTH - 1

KELLOGGS CINAMMON MINI BUNS SUPER HEROES - 3, 4

LOONEY TUNES CLARITIN PROMOTIONAL ISSUE - 1

LOONEY TUNES COLGATE PROMOTIONAL ISSUE - 1

LOONEY TUNES TYSON PROMOTIONAL ISSUE - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

LIONEL PLAYWORLD DC SUPER HEROES - 4, 5, 6

MAGAZINELAND - 1

MAN OF STEEL BEST WESTERN EDITION - 1

MAN OF STEEL Trade Paperback Giveaway - 1

MASK MINI-COMICS - 2, 3

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE DC PROMOTIONAL SERIES - I need four of the eleven mini-comics - "The Tale Of Teela!", 1982, Series 1, "The Ordeal Of Man-E-Faces!", 1983, Series 2, "The Menace Of Trap Jaw!", 1983, Series 2, "The Terror Of Tri-Klops!", 1983, Series 2.

SILLY PUTTY MAN MEETS THE EGGOMEANY - 1

SUPERGEAR COMICS - 1

SUPERMAN ADVENTURES Preview - 1

SUPERMAN ADVENTURES TITUS GAME EDITION - 1

SUPERMAN AND THE GREAT CLEVELAND FIRE - 1

SUPERMAN'S BUDDY - 1

SUPERMAN & WONDER WOMAN - The Hidden Killer LANDMINES COMIC - 1

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS - 1

SUPERMAN WORKBOOK - 1

SUPERMAN MAN OF STEEL SPECIAL MPI EDITION - 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

SUPERMAN TIM - August 42, September 42, November 42, December 42, January 43, February 43, March 43, April 43, May 43, June 43, July 43, September 43, October 43, November 43, December 43, January 44, February 44, March 44, April 44, June 44, October 44, November 44, December 44, January 45, February 45, March 45, April 45, May 45, June 45, July 45, August 45, September 45, October 45, November 45, December 45, January 46, February 46, March 46, April 46, May 46, June 46, July 46, August 46, September 46, October 46, November 46, December 46, January 47, February 47, March 47, April 47, May 47, June 47, September 47, October 47, November 47, January 48, March 48, May 48, July 48, March 49, May 49, June 49, August 49, October 49, November 49, January 50, February 50, March 50, April 50, May 50

SUPER POWERS COLLECTION MINI COMIC - 22

SWORDQUEST - 3

TWISTED METAL - 1

WARLORD REMCO TOY GIVEAWAY - 1

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMICS SEAL OF APPROVAL - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1944 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1949 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS FINEST BEST WESTERN EDITION - 1, 2

WORLDS GREATEST SUPERHEROES VITAMINS GIVEAWAY - 1

DC RELATED COMICS

UNCLE SAM - 3, 5, 6 (pre-Blackhawk numbering)

HEART THROBS (Pre DC) - 4, 10, 11, 12, 14, 20, 23, 24, 40, 41, 44

Joe Nacca's missing parcel just arrived after seven weeks, clearly postmarked the 19th November.

Great seven day service, huh ?????????

Despite your "attacks" I had complete faith that the package would eventually turn up. It was postmarked 11/19 - if this was any type of Express, barring inclement weather, I would say that the package was on English soil by 11/21 - I would rightfully blame the long delay on your UK Customs department entirely. USPS has no jurisdiction abroad and can not circumvent the new security initiatives probably implemented by agencies in all countries who support this United war on terror. Why don't you check with them (customs)first and get the facts before you continue misplacing the blame on a service that does its job each and every time 893frustrated.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

I would rightfully blame the long delay on your UK Customs department entirely. USPS has no jurisdiction abroad and can not circumvent the new security initiatives probably implemented by agencies in all countries who support this United war on terror. Why don't you check with them (customs)first and get the facts before you continue misplacing the blame on a service that does its job each and every time

Absolutely not true.

It only reached English soil yesterday.

I already checked.

popcorn.gif by the way, what rate (Global priority? express? Parcel post?) did you say Joe used to send this to you? Did he properly declare an accurate value and description on the customs form of the items within and provide a corroborating invoice? These would also be "red flags" that would delay your package at the customs end for determining proper VAT taxes/duties to be paid on the shipment.

Did he properly declare an accurate value and description on the customs form of the items within and provide a corroborating invoice? These would also be "red flags" that would delay your package at the customs end for determining proper VAT taxes/duties to be paid on the shipment.

I had long since ascertained that the excessive holdup had nothing to do with Customs whatsoever, and the parcel had not touched UK soil.

It seems that any package not sent express is taking weeks now, rather than days.

I have four comics sent air mail post by Lonestar in Texas, sent on 24th November, and also not arrived.

Please post any insurance or tracking information for us to reference ourselves. I'll be man enough to offer an apology if you are correct in that it did not leave the US in a timely manner.

Here you go.......

Posted 19th November by air mail.

customs #cp144172276us

insurance # vv858065625us

Please post any insurance or tracking information for us to reference ourselves. I'll be man enough to offer an apology if you are correct in that it did not leave the US in a timely manner.

Here you go.......

Posted 19th November by air mail.

customs #cp144172276us

insurance # vv858065625us

Thanks Ian - I'll look into it tonight and post what I can dig up wink.gif I'm wondering if ParcelForce gave you the "company line" and passed the buck yet again. I know of one instance where they outright delivered it to the wrong address to a dishonest shady neighbor. Fortunately, the package was meant to be shipped to a cop, who had the resources and pull to track it down and get the employee "disciplined"

Why don't you check with them (customs)first and get the facts before you continue misplacing the blame on a service that does its job each and every time

Big fan of the US Postal Service, eh Darth? crazy.gifwink.gif