• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Benefit! Horror Mags! Pence Marvel & DC. NOW 10% OFF! 35% TO CHARITY!

135 posts in this topic

Here's the deal. I was talking to the wife about writing a check out to her favorite charity, the Nationwide Children's Hospital . She wants to make a nice$$ donation to NCH. Unfortunately this then led to the topic of my incredible expanding comic budget and that led to a discussion about quickly selling the stack of mags in the den that I was scanning.

Sooooo long story short, 25% of any sales I make from this thread through the end of this weekend are going to be donated to NCH! You get books, charity gets money, wife sees me get rid of a stack of books -- everyone's happy! lol

• Actual shipping cost as close as possible
  • Your choice of media, priority, parcel with insurance, del conf etc you want to pay for
  • Paypal, etc OK
  • First :takeit: gets the book

Check out my other threads and combine shipping -

Modern Lots

HG Marvel and DC

Batman (French!), Cerebus, GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars, Indies (I posted that the GI Joes and Transformers were going off to ebay - that's still the plan but it hasn't happened yet so they're still available)

Any sales I make from these other threads will also earn a cut for NCH!

No PMs about what will be posted please.. if you have any questions about what's coming up plz just post in the thread. I'll be posting Creepy, Eerie, Monster World, Comic Book Marketplace, Carl Barks Library Gyro Gearloose, Bizarre Adventures, 1994, Doc Savage, Hulk, and a few other misc items.

Sale starts tonight, will continue early Friday evening and, unless I post very fast, continue and hopefully wrap up Saturday night. Everything is scanned so posting should move along at a reasonable pace!

I'd like to move a lot of these mags so if it's still sitting around 24 hours after I posted it, make me an offer if you like the mag but not the price! The worst that will happen is that I will publicly humiliate you for your sleazy lowball offers... :baiting:

By the way, I'm not obsessing over grading these, if condition is critical to your purchase decision then just ask and I'll identify the flaws and post the back cover (I have all BC scans too, so it's just a matter of posting the link when requested), etc.

So here we go....

Creepy #3

Awesome Frazetta cover! About F/VF

$20

creepy3-f.jpg

Creepy #15

Another Frazetta cover! I must be mad not to keep these! :insane: But I'm not really a magazine collector so I must resist the temptation to put it back in the box...

Posting the back cover because I love the Batman ad for the 8mm movies :o and because it also shows the main flaw on this issue, a short little piece out/partly folded back.

Otherwise pretty solid F/VF. Maybe F-?

$10

scan0214.jpg

scan0215.jpg

Carl Barks Library of Gyro Gearloose The Madcap Inventor #s 1, 2, 4, 5

Slight corner bump at TL of #2 and #4

#1 is pretty nice all around

#5 has a little bit of staining at the left/top of the BC (can't really make it out in the scan, it's more visible when viewed at an angle

Not really sure what these are worth... $15-$20 each perhaps?

Let's say $50 for the set!

scan0230.jpg

scan0232.jpg

scan0234.jpg

scan0238.jpg

scan0239.jpg

No sales yet :cry: ... c'mon, think of the children! :sumo:

The timeliness of this charity benefit was driven home to me today when speaking with a coworker. Last weekend she was at an event where a boy fell ill was taken to the hospital. It's been confirmed he had swine flu! :o She tells me that 4-5 other children at the event also became ill and it's been confirmed they have the flu and they are now waiting for their test results to see if it was common flu or swine flu. The boy who first fell ill has just been released from the hospital and now is finishing his rest & recuperation at home! :applause: