• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I discard my CGC bags

54 posts in this topic

I re-use CGC bags for wrapping up raw books before they go in the cardboard sandwich when I ship them. A great reuse of them, I think. (I hate when people tape the actual comic bag to the cardboard.)

Seriously, these are wise words. (worship)

Wrap those books in plastic, ya never know what weather they might endure.

I do the same thing....., after I crack the slabs. They're great for wrapping up raw comics for shipment, and add another layer of moisture barrier. The slab residue, however, goes in the trash.

I'm a bit concerned about scratching up my CGC Mylars. Anyone know if there are Mylars for the CGC Mylars?

ComicDonna was showing a few folks how he uses a certain Mylar bag for his CGC books in a thread about proper storage (Mylite2's legal-size for slabs).

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=3195344&Searchpage=1&Main=161090&Words=+HOTFLIPS&topic=0&Search=true#Post3195344

Am I in the minority? To me bagging the slab is akin to bagging a framed picture before I display it.

If I have slabbed books secure in a cgc box is there that great a risk for them to get severely scratched up?

I do too, and use the the real sweet bags from Hotflips :applause:

I re-use CGC bags for wrapping up raw books before they go in the cardboard sandwich when I ship them. A great reuse of them, I think. (I hate when people tape the actual comic bag to the cardboard.)

Plus, my slabs go into the crystal clear sleeves from Hotflips. 1000x better than the standard CGC bag. (thumbs u

Same thing here. CGC bags are used for shipping books, and the otflips bags go on all my slabs (except the thicker ones..)

hotflip sells bags with flaps that you can't even tell are on the book. Protects and they look wonderful. Cheap too, like 10 cents

Why ditch the bags?, they make great infant toys.

I put scrap glass and rusty nails in mine, the kids love'um.

:D

(tsk)

Irwin Mainway

"No! Look, we put a label on every bag that says, "Kid! Be careful - broken glass!" I mean, we sell a lot of products in the "Bag O'" line.. like Bag O' Glass, Bag O' Nails, Bag O' Bugs, Bag O' Vipers, Bag O' Sulfuric Acid. They're decent toys, you know what I mean?"

Why ditch the bags?, they make great infant toys.

I put scrap glass and rusty nails in mine, the kids love'um.

:D

(tsk)

Irwin Mainway

"No! Look, we put a label on every bag that says, "Kid! Be careful - broken glass!" I mean, we sell a lot of products in the "Bag O'" line.. like Bag O' Glass, Bag O' Nails, Bag O' Bugs, Bag O' Vipers, Bag O' Sulfuric Acid. They're decent toys, you know what I mean?"

:roflmao:

Classic! Back in the days when SNL was actually funny...

For good storage you gotta' seal the slabs, airtight, twice. Then put in a CGC Mylar, then insert in a regular CGC bag. Then put that bag in a sterile non-oxydized miltary XDM2 bag, and put that in a regular bio-hazard container. You place the container inside an affordable airtight safe, and put the safe inside a dry-cool cave within your property. I was doing fine with the process, until I ran out of CGC Mylars, still looking though...

I'm a bit concerned about scratching up my CGC Mylars. Anyone know if there are Mylars for the CGC Mylars?

I use the old CGC bags for condoms. hm

Is your boyfriend really that large?

I use the old CGC bags for condoms. hm

Is your boyfriend really that large?

I use to be, until I got a penus reduction a few years back, I hated tying that thing to my ankle when I wore pants, tied to my left knee is sooooo much better

For good storage you gotta' seal the slabs, airtight, twice. Then put in a CGC Mylar, then insert in a regular CGC bag. Then put that bag in a sterile non-oxydized miltary XDM2 bag, and put that in a regular bio-hazard container. You place the container inside an affordable airtight safe, and put the safe inside a dry-cool cave within your property. I was doing fine with the process, until I ran out of CGC Mylars, still looking though...

I avoid steps 4 and 5, but I have a Mylar cover for my safe, plus my entire house is coated with a liquid mylar finish. :grin: