• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Go ahead, take a guess at how damaged the book is.

117 posts in this topic

There is a reason it is taking Kenny a while to post the results.

He took in some big wagers on the "damaged" side so he is busy undamaging the book, so to speek.

Got this in the mail today. Have not opened it yet.

Typical cardboard sandwich in a manila envelope. The cardboard inside feels equally creased. And instead of complaining about bad shippers or our postal service again I thought I would try and have some fun.

So make a guess, is the comic dinged or safe?

:(

Is this a trick question?

Dig a hole... doh!

is that a roadhouse quote?

Roadhouse, the perfect movie.

:cloud9:

"pain don't Hurt"

"I used to SPOON guys like you in prison"

"Who's going to save them from you!"

"Does a hobby Horse have a wooden SPOON"

"Calling me Sir is like putting an elevator in an outhouse - don't make no sense!"

"You have Insurance, don't you"

"The Double person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed"

"For ten dollars, you can kiss them!" "Are you kidding!"

"You're too STUPID to have a god time!"

Don't forget:

"A polar bear fell on me."

That always cracks me up. lol

Beau,

Matthew and kenny have obviously been listening to me for years. If you are stuck on a desert island and can only have one movie it must be Roadhouse. Why you ask?

(1) It has nudity - Red Dawn doesn't. Huge plus one for Roadhouse.

(2) It has a sweet soundtrack (except for the screetchy tune the lead waitress sings :sick:) Red Dawn doesn't

(3) It has hand to hand fighting not just blowing stuff up, although Roadhouse does have stuff blowing up. Advantage Roadhouse.

(4) It is a buddy flick. Sam Shepherd is a cool buddy/mentor. Powers Boothe doesn't quite get there in Red Dawn.

(5) Ben Gazzarra is so easy to hate as the bad guy. Pure evil. The head Cuban in Red Dawn is sympathetic. Way to cop out Red Dawn.

(6) Kelly Lynch v. Ferris Bueller's little sister. Sorry Red Dawn.

(7) There are no monster trucks destroying Ford dealerships or people getting crushed by polar bears in Red Dawn. 'Nuff said.

Red Dawn is great, but it is no Roadhouse.

Boobs always = ^^

Got to find both of these movies on DVD ASAP!

Then this board is the biggest ^^ around, cause it is full of boobs

red dawn is great, but still second to Roadhouse, the most perfect 80's movie ever filmed. :)

Shiver, your posts here are without fail, either funny or informative, or both. Your artwork is amazing, and I hope to own a piece one day. However, if you continue to insist that Roadhouse outstrips Red Dawn, I'll never be able to afford any of your work. Everyone knows that once the artist dies, the cost of his stuff increases exponentially.

That's a nice way of saying, "I'm gonna cut you, mang!" ;)

:baiting:

:roflmao:

red dawn is great, but still second to Roadhouse, the most perfect 80's movie ever filmed. :)

Shiver, your posts here are without fail, either funny or informative, or both. Your artwork is amazing, and I hope to own a piece one day. However, if you continue to insist that Roadhouse outstrips Red Dawn, I'll never be able to afford any of your work. Everyone knows that once the artist dies, the cost of his stuff increases exponentially.

Beau,

Matthew and kenny have obviously been listening to me for years. If you are stuck on a desert island and can only have one movie it must be Roadhouse. Why you ask?

(2) It has a sweet soundtrack (except for the screetchy tune the lead waitress sings :sick:) Red Dawn doesn't

(3) It has hand to hand fighting not just blowing stuff up, although Roadhouse does have stuff blowing up. Advantage Roadhouse.

(4) It is a buddy flick. Sam Shepherd is a cool buddy/mentor. Powers Boothe doesn't quite get there in Red Dawn.

(5) Ben Gazzarra is so easy to hate as the bad guy. Pure evil. The head Cuban in Red Dawn is sympathetic. Way to cop out Red Dawn.

(7) There are no monster trucks destroying Ford dealerships or people getting crushed by polar bears in Red Dawn. 'Nuff said.

A scholarly approach - well done!

Sorry guys, was not trying to drag this out, just had an appointment this morning for my dog to have her staples removed. Everything went well. :)

Anyhow, without further ado, the moment you all have been waiting for....oh heck.. I will shut up and post the photos.

DSC07710.jpg

DSC07715.jpg

Looks like the ol Wizard got a new crease :( Book was in VG condition before so not a huge loss but still it is more the point of what if it were not a VG book.

Don't mail in envelopes, even if you have had luck in the past. Yeah a box can get munched too, but at least if a cardboard sandwich is inside a box this type of thing is not likely to happen.

So who has a decent copy of ST #102 they wanna sell so we can upgrade this copy for Chrom.

Beau,

And didn't Swayze rip a dude's throat out in Roadhouse? That scene kicked azz! ^^

Like burn down BunkyBrother's shack!!!!!!

Or Clubhouse comics.

Or both..burn them both, burn them both!

Beau,

Sean, we may like pretty much the same books, but wow does your movie taste hit rock-bottom with this post.

I love good films. I am not promoting this as good cinema. It has been my theory for over 20 years that Roadhouse is the perfect desert island film because it has a little bit of whatever you need. It is the swiss army knife of movies and happens to be very entertaining despite itself. Want boobies? Citizen Kane fails. Want to laugh? Better not have brought Schindler's List. Better to bring the swiss army knife, brotha'

i love all of the effort you've put into this.

granted, i watch it if i stumble accross it on cable, but it's nowhere near my favorite 80's movie.

edited to add-

It's The Princess Bride, which using your logic, is a huge success.

giants

true love

perfect set of boobies

aureiowesses (giant rats)

swordfighting

stroming the castle

torture

hillarity

puns

castles

billy crystal

andre the giant (see first line)

cheetos

Columbo

I could go on and on

It was a book Chromium bought and had shipped to me since he lives overseas. I am not aware of the seller. Up to Chrom to do the outing, but as I recall it took him awhile ,and many emails to get the seller to have "his friend" ship the book.

Or something like that.