• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you rather have for your personal collection?

84 posts in this topic

An unrestored 6.0 over a restored 9.0 any time anywhere. I have always hated restored things. I don't care if it's a comic book, car, or something else. I personally want something that has not been messed with.

So if someone runs a red light today and dents your back fender, instead of just replacing the fender, you're gonna sell or trash the car? :screwy:

Just not going to buy it. Hey if it happens to you, their is not much you can do. Luckily most people are just fine with restored cars. For me, if I ever had the money for an old corvette, I am not getting the restored one. I would rather have the minty original condition one than anything else. I know cars are different than books, but I really don't care. Fact is you can basically restore anything to look new. Someone could take a car from the junkyard and restore it to look new. This is my opinion, and if you don't like than so be it. To each their own.

Just not going to buy it. Hey if it happens to you, their is not much you can do. Luckily most people are just fine with restored cars. For me, if I ever had the money for an old corvette, I am not getting the restored one. I would rather have the minty original condition one than anything else. I know cars are different than books, but I really don't care. Fact is you can basically restore anything to look new. Someone could take a car from the junkyard and restore it to look new. This is my opinion, and if you don't like than so be it. To each their own.

What exactly is a "restored" car? The parts are built to be removed--how do you tell? Is it only restored if you replace it with a part that's not from the original manufacturer? (shrug)

What exactly is a "restored" car? The parts are built to be removed--how do you tell? Is it only restored if you replace it with a part that's not from the original manufacturer? (shrug)

You can tell when the car parts off a vintage car came from that era or from today, so short answer... yes