• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES: More Fun #56 CGC 8.0 O/W - SCARCE - CLOSED

103 posts in this topic

Wow, a buyer can report a sale if he is an authorized GPA dealer. Who knew?

I will now eat crow...sorry Mark.

Fascinating. What an excellent way to protect one's bottom... line. hm

I don't see what the issue is with reporting a purchase rather than a sale. The entire purpose of GPA is to provide as much information to a potential seller/buyer in the future about prior sales transactions. I report data to GPA on sales I make that enabled me to earn a profit as well as where I took a loss. And I also report purchases.

Why would anyone want GPA to merely obtain selected sales data when only the seller deems it important enough to relay? (shrug)

My permission is granted to have this discussion in my sales thread. :slapfight: (only because I love these little guys, otherwise :popcorn: )

Do you report all the books you buy or only just selected ones that would help the bottom line out?

I am going to presume, safely I imagine, that your condescending little "silence is deafening" comment is directed at me in light of your question above.

Do you have a life? Or do you just spend it all day on a comic book message website waiting for people to answer your slanted questions?

I have a family. I spend every weekend I can with them. Today, as it turns out, I had to fly half-way across the country for business (you do know business, right?), and I've been in meetings until now.

My apologies if I'm not on your schedule. meh

But to answer your question: I have probably reported over 90% of the CGC books I have purchased to GPA in the last few years. And I use that percentage only because I am not entirely positive I did report every single one (and I know I haven't reported some books I purchased in the last few months b/c I haven't gotten to it yet, such as from CL), nor do I recall exactly when I started reporting and I don't want to be called a liar simply because my memory is unclear or I am not timely. A high percentage of the CGC books I purchase are from auctions that are already directly reported.

Whatever my percentage, I'd lay odds I report more purchases to GPA than most other dealers, if they even do at all (and I don't just know offhand if they do).

P.S. Unless you respond tonight with a pithy retort, I won't be online until late Monday evening as I'm here for meetings on enhancing counter-terrorism operations to make the US safer. What will you be doing on Monday, besides posting on the CGC boards? :hi:

He'll be educating America's youth, and hopefully inspiring them to do something productive with thier lives, which I believe in this day and age may be just as difficult or important as enhancing counter-terrorism operations to make the US safer. Although, I'm sure it pays a lot less and isn't quite as glamorous.

It's too bad most collectors can't report purchases to GPA from dealers. I'm not talking about private sales between individuals but sales from dealers where the issues were pubicly listed. And are purchases made here on public slaes threads reported or info gathered? Oh and good luck with the sales thread. Great books. :applause:

He'll be educating America's youth, and hopefully inspiring them to do something productive with thier lives, which I believe in this day and age may be just as difficult or important as enhancing counter-terrorism operations to make the US safer. Although, I'm sure it pays a lot less and isn't quite as glamorous. [/quote

I certainly hope so. That is a very worthwhile and needed endeavor. (thumbs u

Perhaps he should spend more time of it rather than posting snide comments in my sales thread. hm

It's too bad most collectors can't report purchases to GPA from dealers. I'm not talking about private sales between individuals but sales from dealers where the issues were pubicly listed. And are purchases made here on public slaes threads reported or info gathered? Oh and good luck with the sales thread. Great books. :applause:

Thanks BD. I honestly don't know the formal GPA reporting policies. I just know what I report. I don't believe GPA gathers sales from the CGC threads unless it is reported by a member-GPA dealer. GPA does, however, grab numerous public sales such as from ebay.

I've been waiting for an opportunity to use this graemlin, and here it is:

:slapfight:

I'll fight you for it. You're the pink one.

Perhaps he should spend more time of it rather than posting snide comments in my sales thread. hm

You opened the door when you asked for input on your question in YOUR sales thread Mark. If you don't want the questions and comments, then don't ask for input.

Sure, Arex's comment was a jab. It wasn't necessarily directed at you. Probably more from an opinion Arex has of the process of reporting to GPA in general to get people to think and maybe create a discussion per your request. But I'm sure Arex can answer this for himself.

You've stumbled on the bigger issue of FRAUDULENT reporting to GPA of sales and in general, fraudulent postings of sales to generate future higher sales prices at major auction houses.

He'll be educating America's youth, and hopefully inspiring them to do something productive with thier lives, which I believe in this day and age may be just as difficult or important as enhancing counter-terrorism operations to make the US safer. Although, I'm sure it pays a lot less and isn't quite as glamorous. [/quote

I'm pretty sure there weren't any kid's at school in most places in the U.S. today. (shrug)

You opened the door when you asked for input on your question in YOUR sales thread Mark. If you don't want the questions and comments, then don't ask for input.

Sure, Arex's comment was a jab. It wasn't necessarily directed at you. Probably more from an opinion Arex has of the process of reporting to GPA in general to get people to think and maybe create a discussion per your request. But I'm sure Arex can answer this for himself.

You've stumbled on the bigger issue of FRAUDULENT reporting to GPA of sales and in general, fraudulent postings of sales to generate future higher sales prices at major auction houses.

It wasn't the question he asked that bothered me Brent. I stated specifically to go right ahead and debate the topic. Give me a little bit more credit than that please. Of course I knew that his post was a shot, and probably at more people than just me. So what? I really don't care. I had no problems answering it. He, and others, can accept my answer or not. And anyone is more than free to complain to GPA over how it compiles its data. If they can think of a better, and more accurate, way to do so, I'm sure George would be all ears.

And if anyone believes I fraudulently report data to GPA, then by all means reveal that evidence publicly.

Is there information fraudulently reported to GPA (or how about the sales data in OSPG as well)? I have no idea. I can only speak for myself.

It was the "silence is deafening" comment that generated the tone of my response.

Now I would appreciate it if people stay on topic in my sales thread rather than turn this into a personalized attack fest. If that is what people want to do, take it to the General Section where it belongs.

I'm pretty sure there weren't any kid's at school in most places in the U.S. today. (shrug)

Fair point. lol

It was a general statement though. :gossip:

Book has been SOLD. :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit:

Thank you to all who made positive substantive posts. (thumbs u

:applause:

Book has been SOLD. :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit: :takeit:

Thank you to all who made positive substantive posts. (thumbs u

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great buy for the new owner!

:slapfight: you can fight for this guy

I personally claim this guy...... :fear: hahahahahaha

should have said guyS , ok I corrected myself , still think the fear guy is funnier

I don't see what the issue is with reporting a purchase rather than a sale. The entire purpose of GPA is to provide as much information to a potential seller/buyer in the future about prior sales transactions. I report data to GPA on sales I make that enabled me to earn a profit as well as where I took a loss. And I also report purchases.

Why would anyone want GPA to merely obtain selected sales data when only the seller deems it important enough to relay? (shrug)

My permission is granted to have this discussion in my sales thread. :slapfight: (only because I love these little guys, otherwise :popcorn: )

Do you report all the books you buy or only just selected ones that would help the bottom line out?

I am going to presume, safely I imagine, that your condescending little "silence is deafening" comment is directed at me in light of your question above.

Do you have a life? Or do you just spend it all day on a comic book message website waiting for people to answer your slanted questions?

I have a family. I spend every weekend I can with them. Today, as it turns out, I had to fly half-way across the country for business (you do know business, right?), and I've been in meetings until now.

But to answer your question: I have probably reported over 90% of the CGC books I have purchased to GPA in the last few years. And I use that percentage only because I am not entirely positive I did report every single one (and I know I haven't reported some books I purchased in the last few months b/c I haven't gotten to it yet, such as from CL), nor do I recall exactly when I started reporting and I don't want to be called a liar simply because my memory is unclear or I am not timely. A high percentage of the CGC books I purchase are from auctions that are already directly reported.

Whatever my percentage, I'd lay odds I report more purchases to GPA than most other dealers, if they even do at all (and I don't just know offhand if they do).

P.S. Unless you respond tonight with a pithy retort, I won't be online until late Monday evening as I'm here for meetings on enhancing counter-terrorism operations to make the US safer. What will you be doing on Monday, besides posting on the CGC boards? :hi:

Speaking of condescending, how did the NOE episode go for you? The part where you asked me if I have a life is easily reflected in your actions on that front.

I guess you just tried to let the hubbub you caused over that die and now you are back to posting like nothing happened.

What will I be doing? Oh hell, nothing even as close as the horn tooting and self promoting that you are so famous for. \(worship\)

Get a clue Zaid. You cant buy yourself importance in the hobby that you so want. You bought your OS advisors position, or more like brow-beat your way into it. You were instrumental in starting an organization that you have infected like gangrene and have pretty much destroyed with your petty deeds from about a month ago.

Heck, even people in your own organization are beginning to distance themselves from you.

I am a nobody and I like it. I dont toot my own horn about what I am or am not doing or any of the other tripe you spew about how important you are.

But back to the point:

If you havent reported all of the purchases, you are making the data less valuable. If you are waiting to "get around" to reporting it, then you again are distorting the data and making the entire GPA price collecting system less reliable.

In my opinion, which is obviously less important than yours, only the seller should be reporting. I think the chance for monkey business and skulduggery are too great. Especially when the reporting parties have a vested interest in their own bottom line.

Speaking of condescending, how did the NOE episode go for you? The part where you asked me if I have a life is easily reflected in your actions on that front.

I guess you just tried to let the hubbub you caused over that die and now you are back to posting like nothing happened.

What will I be doing? Oh hell, nothing even as close as the horn tooting and self promoting that you are so famous for. \(worship\)

Get a clue Zaid. You cant buy yourself importance in the hobby that you so want. You bought your OS advisors position, or more like brow-beat your way into it. You were instrumental in starting an organization that you have infected like gangrene and have pretty much destroyed with your petty deeds from about a month ago.

Heck, even people in your own organization are beginning to distance themselves from you.

I am a nobody and I like it. I dont toot my own horn about what I am or am not doing or any of the other tripe you spew about how important you are.

But back to the point:

If you havent reported all of the purchases, you are making the data less valuable. If you are waiting to "get around" to reporting it, then you again are distorting the data and making the entire GPA price collecting system less reliable.

In my opinion, which is obviously less important than yours, only the seller should be reporting. I think the chance for monkey business and skulduggery are too great. Especially when the reporting parties have a vested interest in their own bottom line.

:o :o

Of all the attorneys and law students on the boards, you are the only one that would have crafted such a response after asking for questions and comments. All it does is provide a window to your character. Nothing that we haven't seen before, I suppose. All in all, it's a real shame. If future attorneys need a role model, they can always look toward Billy Parker.