• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,240 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2022 at 5:42 PM, Math Teacher said:

Well, based on your purchases over the last month or so, you've certainly made some headway.

Yeah, I've shifted more focus to Silver Age westerns, teen humor and romance lately. They're a LOT less expensive, when you can find them. (thumbsu

On 10/10/2022 at 4:13 PM, KirbyJack said:

I had a ball collecting the Kirby Marvel westerns. 

It's been a LOT of fun working on the Marvel western runs! It's getting more challenging as I go, as once the list fills in a goodly bit, it gets harder to find the remaining issues I need. They really ARE like an undiscovered world compared to the superhero line! SO much more affordable! Do you still have your sets? @KirbyJack

On 10/13/2022 at 8:52 AM, KirbyJack said:

If I get rich, I’m going to start up again!

PHMs, too. Prolly won’t get rich, tho.

I gotta tell ya, ya don't need to be rich to buy these westerns, at least not in my "I'll just take them as I find them" mentality. I buy some beaters but find that some dealers at shows price even mid-grade copies very low, sometimes $5-$10 for perfectly acceptable copies. Other dealers might have $50-$60 on them. I guess I'm lucky that I like 'em all ... high grade, mid-grade, low grade, NO grade!  lol I got me some beaters in the group!!! This RK 29 might be too rough for some, but I LOVE it!!! That piece off saved me some big money!!! lol I just checked my list and the dealer had $11 on that! I'll TAKE it!  :banana:

Rawhide Kid 29.jpg

Look at this one boys - a fabulous 10d Thorpe & Porter price stamp and a stamped out printed 9d price.  Yee-har! :yeehaw:

1601756909_Two-GunKid60November1962(9d).thumb.jpg.b76311daaf634a7e9c2703db8d23f902.jpg

On 10/13/2022 at 10:26 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Look at this one boys - a fabulous 10d Thorpe & Porter price stamp and a stamped out printed 9d price.  Yee-har! :yeehaw:

1601756909_Two-GunKid60November1962(9d).thumb.jpg.b76311daaf634a7e9c2703db8d23f902.jpg

That's a great book, one that I still haven't found the right copy of yet. The beginning of the new Two-Gun Kid: Matt Hawk! Great grab!!  (thumbsu

On 10/13/2022 at 4:48 PM, Frisco Larson said:

That's a great book, one that I still haven't found the right copy of yet. The beginning of the new Two-Gun Kid: Matt Hawk! Great grab!!  (thumbsu

Cheers Frisco. I posted it in the Marvel UKPV thread and got nothing. They must've thought it was a stamped cents copy! :bigsmile: