• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,230 posts in this topic

Some of those copies look pretty sharp, I imagine the PMs are flying in.

My latest Atlas Western ( don't buy too many, but after picking up most of pokerkid's Atlas playing card covers a while back, I still look for ones I don't have on the cheap.) Technically a little early for Silver Age, but close enough for a western, I thought this had pretty decent eye-appeal for a VG.

[tgk014_zps02089081.jpg

Love them all, but the cover to 66 is especially cool.

Agreed.

I bought a large collection of random silver and bronze Marvel and DCs. Varying grades. Mostly superhero and no keys. But there was a cool batch of really nice early Marvel westerns. I've been reading them and finally got a chance to scan while waiting for the Texans/Pats game in a bit.

gunsmokewestern70.jpg

You're missing a good Seahawks-Falcons game but I'm enjoying your scans. :D

Love them all, but the cover to 66 is especially cool.

Agreed.

I bought a large collection of random silver and bronze Marvel and DCs. Varying grades. Mostly superhero and no keys. But there was a cool batch of really nice early Marvel westerns. I've been reading them and finally got a chance to scan while waiting for the Texans/Pats game in a bit.

gunsmokewestern70.jpg

I'm struck by how frequently Kirby has the Kid's hat flying off on these covers, and this is a perfect example of how it's used to great effect to convey action in what could have been a fairly static cover.