• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I did it: AF 15

66 posts in this topic

Well if you are only looking to sell many years down the line just get it re-slabbed before you decide to part with it.

But the question is, if it's worth it. If I can sell it raw as easy and about the same price as slabbed, then there is no need do re-slab it.

Normally it's no question for me, I always buy raw because I like to read the books and look at the great art. But this book was a big investment for me and because I have a reprint, it's a little harder to decide what to do. :cry:

For me its a simple choice, keep it slabbed for protection, and read your reprint.

(thumbs u

Congrats! Despite owning so many different high grade ASMs over the years, I've never come close to touching an AF 15, or a 1, 2, or 4 for that matter.

Where do you go next? Since you've already completed the best title in the hobby, and collecting any other title would be taking a step backward, it's time to start upgrading. ;)

Yea, that Spectacular Spider-Man can be a killer! :insane:

Congrats on the accomplishment. I would say try something harder next. OR... I would try for every Spidey appearance (cover only) in the SA. The Avengers, FF, Daredevil. But in grade.

I'm not a spidey collector, but that should be a fun little run.

I agree, that would be fun. I'm not a Spidey collector, but I've been attempting the same thing with the Flash. I finished the main run, The Flash 105 - 350, am working on his 4 Showcase appearances (I only have #14 so far), and I've gotten tons of his cover appearances, in JLA, Green Lantern, SUperman, World's Finest, Brave & The Bold, etc. It is definitely a fun project.

Nice looking copy for the grade!!

Way to go!!

I agree. Nice eye appeal!

Keep it slabbed!

It must have been a lot more difficult for you to get books sent to your country so I applaud your effort.

:golfclap:

Thanks! Yes it really isn't easy sometimes getting it shipped overseas. And the long waiting until it arrives and then it goes to the customs office first, which takes again a few days to process because sometimes they want to know the value of the shipment. So they send you a letter, which you have to send back and so on.

And don't ask about shipping costs, it's something I don't think about anymore because otherwise I wouldn't get the books. Most of the time I'm lucky not to pay sales taxes but that's not always the case. That's again 10% from the value of the shipment including the shipping costs :frustrated: