• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for opinions

538 posts in this topic

I guess you'll really be pissed to find out that "ginormous" is now accepted by some dictionaries. :eek:

You owe me for the hole I just put in my drywall. I guess "ain't" is also accepted? I mean, people use it and people are always right, so it must be a word.

I'm on your side, Andy. But, it is what it is.

You are wrong, Nick. The risk is not just that it won't go up. The risk is that it will be damaged. The OP has already agreed to what his remedy is. Matt/CI has offered more than that and the OP wants even more than that!

For the cheap seats - Anyone that doesn't understand or believe that the application of heat, pressure and moisture just might damage one's book needs to hit themselves in the head repeatedly with a tack hammer. If you are going to play the press and flip game, please take your medicine on the 3.5 % of transactions that don't provide you a financial windfall.

But then as a contractor, wouldn't Matt owe a call to the customer to inform them the book would not be submitted because during the pressing process it was damaged?

We are still not even clear this happened during the pressing process. Yet, you are trying to build a case around this "fact" which assumes it is just about the risk of preparing a book for resubmittal. What about the other party involved?

I wouldn't make that assumption yet.

The only thing that I know is that the individual had an 8.0. Now, he doesn't. The parties have agreed on restitution, but not on the value of that restitution.

Okay, let's take into account the other graded books. Not all of them received the predicted grade. Some went up, some went down and some stayed the same. He wasn't guaranteed a 9.0.

In actuality, he is still in possession of a 7.5. All he is due, in my opinion, and because the book was damaged, is the difference between the 7.5 and the 8.0 and the associated fees.

BTW... there was no need to get nasty with the awe4one comment.

I was not trying to be nasty. I apologize if it was offensive. I merely was trying to remind you that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

You are wrong, Nick. The risk is not just that it won't go up. The risk is that it will be damaged. The OP has already agreed to what his remedy is. Matt/CI has offered more than that and the OP wants even more than that!

For the cheap seats - Anyone that doesn't understand or believe that the application of heat, pressure and moisture just might damage one's book needs to hit themselves in the head repeatedly with a tack hammer. If you are going to play the press and flip game, please take your medicine on the 3.5 % of transactions that don't provide you a financial windfall.

But then as a contractor, wouldn't Matt owe a call to the customer to inform them the book would not be submitted because during the pressing process it was damaged?

We are still not even clear this happened during the pressing process. Yet, you are trying to build a case around this "fact" which assumes it is just about the risk of preparing a book for resubmittal. What about the other party involved?

I wouldn't make that assumption yet.

I don't understand your point. Is the other party CGC? I would submit that where the damage occurred is now moot, as it relates to the OP and Matt/CI, as Matt/CI has already offered additional recompense. If the OP wants to double dip on remedies and get something out of CGC as well, I would assume the OP is welcome to try that as well.

The only thing that I know is that the individual had an 8.0. Now, he doesn't. The parties have agreed on restitution, but not on the value of that restitution.

Okay, let's take into account the other graded books. Not all of them received the predicted grade. Some went up, some went down and some stayed the same. He wasn't guaranteed a 9.0.

In actuality, he is still in possession of a 7.5. All he is due, in my opinion, and because the book was damaged, is the difference between the 7.5 and the 8.0 and the associated fees.

I was not trying to be nasty. I apologize if it was offensive. I merely was trying to remind you that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

But really, the results demonstrated on the other books have no bearing on the argument at hand.

He is owed his 8.0 value plus processing services.

He is owed, at most, the difference between a 7.5 and an 8.0, plus processing services.

In my world, however, I like to take the good with the bad. So if someone provides excellent service on more than a dozen items, and goofs up on one slightly, the good outweighs the bad. I'd rather keep a good working relationship with someone who provides me with great service 9 times out of 10 as opposed to being pusilanimous little arse about it, and taking it to a public forum in an attempt to squeeze more money out of the situation.

He is owed, at most, the difference between a 7.5 and an 8.0, plus processing services.

In my world, however, I like to take the good with the bad. So if someone provides excellent service on more than a dozen items, and goofs up on one slightly, the good outweighs the bad. I'd rather keep a good working relationship with someone who provides me with great service 9 times out of 10 as opposed to being pusilanimous little arse about it, and taking it to a public forum in an attempt to squeeze more money out of the situation.

^^

...as opposed to being pusilanimous little arse about it...

That's got to be at least a fifty cent word.

Doc is going to be really pissed off. (tsk)

I guess you'll really be pissed to find out that "ginormous" is now accepted by some dictionaries. :eek:

You owe me for the hole I just put in my drywall. I guess "ain't" is also accepted? I mean, people use it and people are always right, so it must be a word.

I think you're confused. Didn't you just tell me to go write a dictionary?

But really, the results demonstrated on the other books have no bearing on the argument at hand.

:slapfight:

^^

+1

You accused Rick of making up a word, which he didn't. I pointed that out. I did not make a value judgment as to the use of that word in conversation, particularly conversation with the erudite denizens of this message board, paragon of etymological virtue that it is.

I don't understand your point. Is the other party CGC? I would submit that where the damage occurred is now moot, as it relates to the OP and Matt/CI, as Matt/CI has already offered additional recompense. If the OP wants to double dip on remedies and get something out of CGC as well, I would assume the OP is welcome to try that as well.

Because Matt released the book to CGC, and still stood behind his assessment the book had a potential of being a 9.0 after his service was provided, then this points back to CGC something happened during their receival process.

Therefore, I think Matt is going above and beyond to make a situation right that isn't his to take the hit on. But as the owner of the original 8.0, I would want the value of an 8.0 back and not a 7.5 copy with the difference between a 7.5 and 8.0 being paid to me.

Of course, he has to provide the book back to Matt so then Matt can use this with CGC to determine what happened, and how to get his money back.

You accused Rick of making up a word, which he didn't. I pointed that out. I did not make a value judgment as to the use of that word in conversation, particularly conversation with the erudite denizens of this message board, paragon of etymological virtue that it is.

Sorry, but irregardless isn't a word. Merriem-webster can suck a nut.

Sorry, but irregardless isn't a word. Merriem-webster can suck a nut.

http://www.merriamwebstercansuckanut.com/

Irregardless is a term meaning in spite of or anyway, that has caused controversy since it first appeared in the early twentieth century. It is generally listed in dictionaries as "incorrect" or "nonstandard".

I am controversial now... :banana: