• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yo Joe!!!! G.I. Joe Thread Closed!!!

46 posts in this topic

Pinball, I just want you to know I am not trying to disparage your book or threadcr@p in any way. I just think its important for collectors to know their printings on a book with so many, that apparently even CGC gets it wrong. :foryou:

I found a Joe # 21 on ebay that is identical to yours in all respects (Black Spidey head, $.60 cent cover price, newstand edition with missing distribution code, otherwise known as a Curtis Code). The seller is advertising it as a 3rd printing, because that's what it is.

Joe 21 on ebay

I don't know what "criteria" CGC uses to distinguish between printings, but if its in the hands of the same modern grader who keeps finalizing 9.8s with multiple color breaking spine stresses, I wouldn't put much faith in their ability to tell one printing from another.

Just a friendly reminder...if its a newstand version, and it doesn't have the distribution code of 02064 in the box with the price and month of publication, its not a first print. This tends to affect later printings of # 2, 10, 11, 12, 21, 26, & 27.

Joe # 10 .60 cent cover - no distro code - 2nd printing

Hope that helps!

No problem Jive. I am glad someone saw this before it sold. I guess I will take it as a learning experience. :(

As far as is the book still for sale? Sure I guess if anybody wants it. I will take $65 for it.