• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1968 FF Big Little book

12 posts in this topic

I've seen very few of these on Ebay. While I realize that it falls outside the scope of the regular comic issues, I've always wondered why they never bring more than a few bucks on the rare instances where they get a bid at all!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2213110112&category=32731

I've seen those tiny 1 inch "comics" bring way more than this BLB and I assume that the BLB has got to be very difficult to find in NM condition (this one looks to be app. VG) owing to its size and shape.

Any ideas on the BLB?

Does Overstreet list it? No? Then it must not exist!! blush.gif It is an unknown pricing entity...and without an accepted price attached to it...it must not really be anything at all! shocked.gif

I've seen very few of these on Ebay. While I realize that it falls outside the scope of the regular comic issues, I've always wondered why they never bring more than a few bucks on the rare instances where they get a bid at all!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2213110112&category=32731

I've seen those tiny 1 inch "comics" bring way more than this BLB and I assume that the BLB has got to be very difficult to find in NM condition (this one looks to be app. VG) owing to its size and shape.

Any ideas on the BLB?

The book is common. Joseph Koch has always advertising these books. I got 3 of them cheap many years ago. The story appears to be original as they are fighting a villian called Dr. Weird. I doubt he has appeared anywhere else!

Beyonder,

I've never seen that one before. The ones that I'm refering to seem to be from the 60s and look more like little stamps with a monochromatic color, although they're a little book in format. There's ones of Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, etc. and they are usually offered as a set. They apear on Ebay once in awhile, usually by larger sellers that handle not only comics, but comic posters, costumes, watches and other Vintage paraphernalia, like NeatStuffCollectibles.

Beyonder,

I've never seen that one before. The ones that I'm refering to seem to be from the 60s and look more like little stamps with a monochromatic color, although they're a little book in format. There's ones of Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, etc. and they are usually offered as a set. They apear on Ebay once in awhile, usually by larger sellers that handle not only comics, but comic posters, costumes, watches and other Vintage paraphernalia, like NeatStuffCollectibles.

Those other comics came from vending machines in the 1960s. They are way overvalued in the Overstreet because there isn't a shortage of them.

I've seen those tiny 1 inch "comics" bring way more than this BLB

Are you referring to these?

aminiASM1.jpg

Can I cash in on Spidey2 movie hype? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Is that a regular size comic?

Those staples look huge! 893whatthe.gif

I've seen those tiny 1 inch "comics" bring way more than this BLB

Are you referring to these?

aminiASM1.jpg

Can I cash in on Spidey2 movie hype? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Is that a regular size comic?

Those staples look huge! 893whatthe.gif

The staples are regular size....the comic is mini. grin.gif

People need to listen to Greggy more. The Fantastic Four BLB doesn't command much money because it is very common.

The little tiny 1" comics usually sell for more but they are somewhat harder to find and came in gumball machines around 1966.

The Amazing Spider-Man "In the Clutches of Dr. Octopus" is part of a series of 6 mini comics made by Amural called Bubble Funnies. Also in the set is Capt. America, Hulk, Archie, and I think Spider-Woman and Sabrina. VERY easy to find.

All fun stuff.