• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Asgard redux

6 posts in this topic

Has anybody picked up a copy of the new series of Tales of Asgard reprints? I was unaware of it until my LCS owner, knowing I’m a Kirby fan but not a Modern buyer, tipped me off. It’s worth checking out. The art has been re-colored “modern style” by Matt Milla and it looks terrific. This is coming from someone who can’t stand the coloring or reproduction in any of the Masterworks etc. editions. While not a replacement for the originals, it stands nicely as a companion and a fun way to re-read them.

Has anybody picked up a copy of the new series of Tales of Asgard reprints? I was unaware of it until my LCS owner, knowing I’m a Kirby fan but not a Modern buyer, tipped me off. It’s worth checking out. The art has been re-colored “modern style” by Matt Milla and it looks terrific. This is coming from someone who can’t stand the coloring or reproduction in any of the Masterworks etc. editions. While not a replacement for the originals, it stands nicely as a companion and a fun way to re-read them.

All Kirby Thor fans should check out this book which I just got back yesterday from CGC:

80598.jpg.ab56a6272e8f6a825820c65935a79178.jpg

Ummm... that's nice, I'm happy for you. But you already posted your book elsewhere, and what exactly is it doing in a thread I started to inform Kirby Thor fans of a new book they might have interest in, and also to discuss said book?

Correction: You've posted it in two other places already. I don't care if no one has any thoughts on the subject of my thread, but let's keep it on topic, okay?

Ummm... that's nice, I'm happy for you. But you already posted your book elsewhere, and what exactly is it doing in a thread I started to inform Kirby Thor fans of a new book they might have interest in, and also to discuss said book?

Correction: You've posted it in two other places already. I don't care if no one has any thoughts on the subject of my thread, but let's keep it on topic, okay?

Sorry, Pontoon,

I realized I posted the book in other threads. However, many threads are mutually exclusive; many collectors don't view all threads. However, your point is well taken. I'll limit the # of times I post the book.

Thanks for the heads up:

Steve