• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

So, I should hold onto them instead of selling them now???

-slym

It may be just a matter of which shop I go to.

Capstone comics I'm 0-3 in trying to get Chew 1, 2, and 2nd print 1, and they are the "good" store with the cool stuff.

I go to Dragon's Lair (the commercial comic shop) that same day each time and I find three #1's, a stack of #2's. Going to give them a call in a sec.

So no Chew #1 2nd prints at my shop, but with their sale going on, I picked up 3 copies of WD #61 at 60% off... of $4 (each). Considering flipping them for a small profit, as I already have a copy of WD #61.

Has it been determined whether or not WD #61 is the first appearance of Tony Chu? I think I remember seeing Chew #1 as the first full appearance. (shrug)

Two stores I went to didn't have any new CHEW comics, but the other one had both to come in just today, and the store I found them in is the smallest shop around, with a focus mainly on new stuff, TPBs, and manga.

(shrug)

-slym

the lack of supply isn't the only factor driving the price up.

Well it's not the art. I checked this one out after reading all the hype, and the art is horrible. I was going to buy a copy of #2 but put it back on the shelf.

Heritic :) I like the art and the premise I was lucky enough to score the only 2 copies of #1 reprint that my store had. I keep telling him to order more so I have a better pool to cherry pick from.

Anyone have a hard time getting a high grade second print?

Yes. At one store, all the books had the waves. At another store, they were dinged up from just the trip to the rack. The paper on the book is .

Anyone have a hard time getting a high grade second print?

Look at the scans of mine in my FS thread - all those dark areas on the right side are wrinkles and bends. And those were the best copies they had...

:eek:

-slym