• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

oa just doesn't do it for me. so no compitition from me.

j

I hear ya. I mean, why would someone want to own a one-of-a-kind piece rather than the reproduction of it which numbers in the thousands?

:baiting:

j

I hear ya. I mean, why would someone want to own a one-of-a-kind piece rather than the reproduction of it which numbers in the thousands?

especially when the one of a kind piece costs less. to each his own ...

Edited by paperheart

j

You feel me, brother man! (worship)

But that would lead me wanting to own every page of each issue I had a page from. What's the point in having one?

Don't project your OCD on me, my friend. (tsk)

The point in owning a page is the enjoyment it brings. What's the point in having a slabbed copy of a comic?

But that would lead me wanting to own every page of each issue I had a page from. What's the point in having one?

Don't project your OCD on me, my friend. (tsk)

The point in owning a page is the enjoyment it brings. What's the point in having a slabbed copy of a comic?

Misc-OhSnap.jpg

i just don't collect oa because it just doesn't appeal to me. i have one piece of oa (a golden age cap) and it still sits in the box that it came in next to my books. it's cool and all but i just don't get into it as much.

j

To each his own, my sweaty lothario.

j

what do the good pages from Chew 1 go for?

what's a 9.9 going for?

someone could argue there are 20something Chew 1 pages and only one or so 9.9s, but i tend to agree with you...the art page should be worth more than the book, even in a slab

a lot of BA books in 9.8 are $100 or more...many of the pages of those books, even good ones, go for a lot less. does that make sense?

j

what's a 9.9 going for?

someone could argue there are 20something Chew 1 pages and only one or so 9.9s, but i tend to agree with you...the art page should be worth more than the book, even in a slab

a lot of BA books in 9.8 are $100 or more...many of the pages of those books, even good ones, go for a lot less. does that make sense?

the pages were priced at $150-175 at SDCC. 9.8's were going for that amount. the 9.9's went for $350ish. again, different strokes for different folks...

Edited by paperheart

j

what's a 9.9 going for?

There are 9 Chew #1 (1st print) CGC 9.9's in the census already :baiting:

I collect OA, slabbed books, and raw books - the holy trifecta, as far as I'm concerned - and I love collecting all of them equally.

But ... it's a pretty weak argument to suggest that when it comes to owning 1-of-1 items, slabbed books are even in the same ballpark as OA. OA is 1-of-1 by default & you're guaranteed that nobody else will ever own that page - there's no guarantee for that even with the hardest, most minty CGC book.

(The only exception I can think of is the highest graded SS copy of a book with a signature from a deceased creator - nobody's really going to top that one, either).

OA is a really fun thing to have and a great conversation piece. I've got some on my wall at work that seems to catch the attention of everyone that ever comes into my office, wether they are comic book people or not.

Furthermore... I would like to use my 1100th post to say... I really enjoy this book and hope that it remains as popular as it is for some time!

That is all.

Edited by shortstack comics

j

what's a 9.9 going for?

I collect OA, slabbed books, and raw books - the holy trifecta, as far as I'm concerned - and I love collecting all of them equally.

But ... it's a pretty weak argument to suggest that when it comes to owning 1-of-1 items, slabbed books are even in the same ballpark as OA. OA is 1-of-1 by default & you're guaranteed that nobody else will ever own that page - there's no guarantee for that even with the hardest, most minty CGC book.

(The only exception I can think of is the highest graded SS copy of a book with a signature from a deceased creator - nobody's really going to top that one, either).

Agreed. But my makeup would not let me stop at one page - I'm a completist. I will never venture into OA unless I can pick up an Adams Bronze Bats piece.

I would lead myself to bankruptcy otherwise. I'm happy to drool over you guys collections when it comes to OA.

Now a Kelley Jones Bats piece... Naah, I'd want them all :frustrated:

j

what's a 9.9 going for?

Agreed. But my makeup would not let me stop at one page - I'm a completist. I will never venture into OA unless I can pick up an Adams Bronze Bats piece.

I would lead myself to bankruptcy otherwise. I'm happy to drool over you guys collections when it comes to OA.

This must be yours then hm

Makeup-Brush.jpg

j

what's a 9.9 going for?

This must be yours then hm

Makeup-Brush.jpg

I'm surprised that took you so long...