• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

oa just doesn't do it for me. so no compitition from me.

j

I hear ya. I mean, why would someone want to own a one-of-a-kind piece rather than the reproduction of it which numbers in the thousands?

:baiting:

especially when the one of a kind piece costs less. to each his own ...

You feel me, brother man! (worship)

what do the good pages from Chew 1 go for?

what's a 9.9 going for?

someone could argue there are 20something Chew 1 pages and only one or so 9.9s, but i tend to agree with you...the art page should be worth more than the book, even in a slab

a lot of BA books in 9.8 are $100 or more...many of the pages of those books, even good ones, go for a lot less. does that make sense?

There are 9 Chew #1 (1st print) CGC 9.9's in the census already :baiting:

I collect OA, slabbed books, and raw books - the holy trifecta, as far as I'm concerned - and I love collecting all of them equally.

But ... it's a pretty weak argument to suggest that when it comes to owning 1-of-1 items, slabbed books are even in the same ballpark as OA. OA is 1-of-1 by default & you're guaranteed that nobody else will ever own that page - there's no guarantee for that even with the hardest, most minty CGC book.

(The only exception I can think of is the highest graded SS copy of a book with a signature from a deceased creator - nobody's really going to top that one, either).

Agreed. But my makeup would not let me stop at one page - I'm a completist. I will never venture into OA unless I can pick up an Adams Bronze Bats piece.

I would lead myself to bankruptcy otherwise. I'm happy to drool over you guys collections when it comes to OA.

Now a Kelley Jones Bats piece... Naah, I'd want them all :frustrated:

This must be yours then hm

Makeup-Brush.jpg

I'm surprised that took you so long...

First time I've read this thread - what is this Chew junk :baiting:

Another addition to my Chew original art collection arrived today.

I haven't had a chance to get it scanned, but I don't think this picture looks too bad:

Nice one Jay! :applause:

so, #4 didn't come out this week?

a 2d print for #3? i guess it actually sold in other shops, but mine still has a bunch of copies on the rack.

thought the release date was 9/2/09 for #4?

j

Edited by Junkenstein99

so, #4 didn't come out this week?

a 2d print for #3? i guess it actually sold in other shops, but mine still has a bunch of copies on the rack.

thought the release date was 9/2/09 for #4?

j

^^

As well as

4th print of #1

3rd print of #2

2nd print of #3

with chew i know that the shipping schedule always has one good book the first week of the month. any change i nthe covers besides colors on the reprints? i think i have my newest obession with getting all the different printings.

so far got 1st prints of 1, 2 (X4) & 3

waiting on a 2nd print #1

larrys comics #1 9.8

wd 63 flipbook (this one is my favorite, sketched by rob)

art of chew x2 one ss 9.8 and one raw signed (this one is for sale...BUY IT)

so who has any raw copies of the other printings that i don't have?

stupid ocd and hoarding.

dammitdammitdammit!

j

Edited by Junkenstein99

with chew i know that the shipping schedule always has one good book the first week of the month. any change i nthe covers besides colors on the reprints? i think i have my newest obession with getting all the different printings.

larrys comics #1 9.8

stupid ocd and hoarding.

dammitdammitdammit!

j

I believe it's just color changes on the title again... and I'm having the same OCD you are as well... You will need to get a copy of WD 61 that has the preview. I'll stick that and a copy of the #1 third print and #2 second print in the care package coming your way.

larrys comics #1 9.8

stupid ocd and hoarding.

dammitdammitdammit!

j

I believe it's just color changes on the title again... and I'm having the same OCD you are as well... You will need to get a copy of WD 61 that has the preview. I'll stick that and a copy of the #1 third print and #2 second print in the care package coming your way.

don't worry about the 61, i have 4 copies of that, that was accidental getting all of those, bought a lot of wd that had 2 copies, plus i had the one i originally bought when it came out and the other was in a trade i did.

j

i wish that guilllory and layment were going to be at baltimore. i'd get all my cvopies signed and graded.

Are they like Russian loafers or something?

i wish that guilllory and layment were going to be at baltimore. i'd get all my cvopies signed and graded.

Are they like Russian loafers or something?

Да, это супер тайного шпиона говорить за всех спящих агентов.

j