• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

i need more chew books.

anyone need a #2 i have 2 extra copies...

I need a 9.8-worthy #3... :baiting:

that i don't have, mine has bad indents on the spine and i need a better copy of that issue.

i have a bunch of wd 61's, only 1 1st print #1 that i'm gonna sub. 3 or 4 #2 1st prints, 1 #3 1st, 1 9.8 larrys cgc #1, 2 art of chew (one is ss, but not sketched), #1 2nd prt ss 9.8, and a wd 63 ss 9.8 ss and sketched (the only one i have that compares to your copy jason).i need to get the 2nd and later prints of 2 and 3.

j

i need more chew books.

anyone need a #2 i have 2 extra copies...

I need a 9.8-worthy #3... :baiting:

that i don't have, mine has bad indents on the spine and i need a better copy of that issue.

i have a bunch of wd 61's, only 1 1st print #1 that i'm gonna sub. 3 or 4 #2 1st prints, 1 #3 1st, 1 9.8 larrys cgc #1, 2 art of chew (one is ss, but not sketched), #1 2nd prt ss 9.8, and a wd 63 ss 9.8 ss and sketched (the only one i have that compares to your copy jason).i need to get the 2nd and later prints of 2 and 3.

j

I may have a #3 9.8 worthy. I haven't tried for any of the WD 61 or 63. My collection so far is #1 1st 9.9, 2nd SS 9.8, #2 1st 10.0, #2 2nd 9.9, Skecthbook SS 9.8 and #3 9.8. I'm still looking for #1 3rd, 4th and Larry, #2 3rd, #3 2nd and #4 hopefully all 10.0!! :banana:

I wonder if Layman and Guillory think this book is doing so well because of the art and story or if it's because of the huge buzz.

In fact I wonder if the book is doing so well because of the art and story or if it's because of the huge buzz.

hm

How do you guys feel about the Russian dialogue in the book?

Do you think it would have been better served having been translated or do you like that they left it as is?

Art was super cool again, I thought.

it depends. in some of the stories i have written, i have kept the native language of the character in the story and not translate it. it adds more mystery to the overall feel of the story.

the one thing that always irritated me was the whole * at the bottom in the ed box "russian-ed". i'd rather have the native language in the story and try to figure out on my own what they are saying.

j

And I can tell you, based on my history of the vampire mythos class, that umpyr is in fact one of the original words for vampire... so Agent Chu was correct.

jason loves twilight jason loves twilight jason loves twilight jason loves twilight jason loves twilight jason loves twilight jason loves twilight jason loves twilight