• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

saw it coming

Not trying to be cool, but I kind of saw it coming too. When Layman said he saw the series going for about 50 issues, I knew we were way to far into the series to not have been introduced to Tony's nemisis already.

I think I guessed who it is.

saw it coming

Not trying to be cool, but I kind of saw it coming too. When Layman said he saw the series going for about 50 issues, I knew we were way to far into the series to not have been introduced to Tony's nemisis already.

you're posting on a comic book message board. i don't think you have anything to worry about. :baiting: i am glad to see that given the 147 page thread, there are 6 actual readers of the series here.

saw it coming

you're posting on a comic book message board. i don't think you have anything to worry about. :baiting: i am glad to see that given the 147 page thread, there are 6 actual readers of the series here.

no concerns on that ;)

Yup, I actually read it and really enjoy it so far. I do collect it as well.

I'm up to #4 so far and loving it. I've got to pick me up some #1 and #2 reader copies, my others are slabbed and SSd (thank you Jason and Steve (worship) ).

And I've got to get #3, #4 and #5 in 9.8. Oh the cost fun of collecting meh

I thought #5 was the weakest one yet. A fun read, sure, but it didn't feel like the end of an arc...the story didn't feel complete in enough ways for me. And it seemed to revolve around the twist a little too much.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a strong story, I just thought it was the weakest one so far.

Anyone notice that they're producing a special edition of issue one? Limited to 3,000 copies, signed, with additional material, etc. Just solicited.

I thought #5 was the weakest one yet. A fun read, sure, but it didn't feel like the end of an arc...the story didn't feel complete in enough ways for me. And it seemed to revolve around the twist a little too much.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a strong story, I just thought it was the weakest one so far.

Anyone notice that they're producing a special edition of issue one? Limited to 3,000 copies, signed, with additional material, etc. Just solicited.

Shhhhhh I wasn't posting anything about it until I was sure I had some copies locked up

hm

Wonder where I could get my hands on one of those. Us Limeys don't get much of a look in on those sorta things :pullhair:

hm

Wonder where I could get my hands on one of those. Us Limeys don't get much of a look in on those sorta things :pullhair:

:gossip: I'm working on locking down 7 copies for myself and board members. Can't promise it will happen. But I'm trying my hardest.

hm

:gossip: I'm working on locking down 7 copies for myself and board members. Can't promise it will happen. But I'm trying my hardest.

If there was one person here who coulda sniffed those out... (worship)

hm

If you want, I can order one with DCBS when I place my order. Just let me know...

Here's the full preview solicit from Newsarama. Due to be shipped in January 2010

CHEW #1 COLLECTOR’S EDITION

story JOHN LAYMAN

art & cover ROB GUILLORY

JANUARY 6

32 PAGES / BW

$10.00

S&N EDITION LIMITED TO 100 COPIES $25.00

This ultra-rare special edition of CHEW #1 is limited to 3,000 copies and will feature an exclusive cover with a gold-foil embossed logo, no ads and an all-new behind the scenes bonus section. Don’t miss the opportunity to own this rare collectable comic commemorating the debut of the breakout hit of 2009!

hm

If you want, I can order one with DCBS when I place my order. Just let me know...

That's my backup plan. My LCS is finding out if they can get them for me and if they can't I'm going to get them ordered on my monthly DCBS order too.

saw it coming

SPOILER: You can't have two prominent figures in the story with the same exact power and have them not end up being at odds with each other.

saw it coming

SPOILER: You can't have two prominent figures in the story with the same exact power and have them not end up being at odds with each other.

When I was reading it, I was getting the Obi-Wan/Anakin vibe. Teacher mentoring his future rival.

Edited by shortstack comics