• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

turns into this...

my gallery of chewses

th_chew1s.jpg

#1 2nd print, ss 9.8

#1 larrys 9.8

#2 1st print ss 9.8

th_chewsp.jpg

Art of Chew ss 9.8

WD/Chew #1 flip, ss 9.8 & sketch

th_chew1r.jpg

#1 1st print

#1 3rd print

#1 4th print

#1 larrys

th_chew2r.jpg

#2 x2 1st

#2 2nd print

th_chew3r.jpg

#3 x2 1st print

th_aocr.jpg

Art of Chew Signed

Art of Chew Larrys

th_wd61r.jpg

WD #61 x3

not much but it is more than my friend lee who doesn't collect or read chew. no wonder he can't get laid.

not much but it is more than my friend lee who doesn't collect or read chew. no wonder he can't get laid.

I must meet this lee... I will give him some Chews... take him out... and ensure layage occurs...

we can all hang out when you come east, i sure as hell ain't paying for him to fly to dallas/ft. worth.

I'm ok with the trend of cheap vol. 1 TPB's being followed up by more expensive second volumes... it definitely makes it more likely that I'll pick up something and maybe end up following it...

Also with DC doing all the $1 first issues...

Comics are becoming more and more like drugs every day...

The only problem I have is when publishers release TPBs that cost the same or more than the individual issues' cover prices. Like those TPBs that reprint, say, 6 issues for $19.99, when the full cover price of the individual issues are only $18 combined. :preach:

I'm a curmudgeon about it, I suppose. :P

The only problem I have is when publishers release TPBs that cost the same or more than the individual issues' cover prices. Like those TPBs that reprint, say, 6 issues for $19.99, when the full cover price of the individual issues are only $18 combined. :preach:

You have a fine point there. It's like a 4 for the price of 5 sale. If only I could pick up WD #1 - #6 or Preacher #1 - #6 cheaper than the trades...

You have a fine point there. It's like a 4 for the price of 5 sale. If only I could pick up WD #1 - #6 or Preacher #1 - #6 cheaper than the trades...

I hear you. But when the stories are only 7-8 months old and the individual issues now sell for LESS than cover price, why buy the TPB?

P.S. The only TPBs I buy at retail price is The Walking Dead and The Goon. Any other TPBs, I look for deals on eBay or wait for them to show up in a bubbagump sale.

I hear you. But when the stories are only 7-8 months old and the individual issues now sell for LESS than cover price, why buy the TPB?

P.S. The only TPBs I buy at retail price is The Walking Dead and The Goon. Any other TPBs, I look for deals on eBay or wait for them to show up in a bubbagump sale.

I'd much rather pick up the floppies if it's possible. I've got the early Preachers (a couple of nice SS books in there), but WD will be much harder. All my Chews are in slabs as well so I'll have to get the trade to read.

Oh, and there is one trade that's better to own than the floppies:

Lobo's Backs Back TradePaperBack Buy It Or Put It Fragging Back.

I agree, but Image is usually pretty good about making the trades cheaper than the regular issues.

If the next Chew arc is 6 issues, then yeah, it's probably going to be $14.99 which is cheaper than the issues would be. If it's another 5 issue arc, I wouldn't be surprised if the trade was $12.99 which would be cheaper than issues.

From my experience, Image is fair that way (for the most part). Now Dark Horse, it seems like they usually price the trades higher than the regular issues. I don't get it.

Edited by 400yrs