• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

And I'm starting to get suckered into all the Chew prints and I don't want to :cry:

I've been able to resist to far :wishluck: .....just 9.8 SS copies of the first prints for me :)

I've already buckled on the #1 2nd print and bought a 9.8 SS :grin:

Atleast the #1 is done the final printing. How many prints will #2 and #3 go to? I must have them all!! The curse of the completist!!

I feel you, my fellow OCD brother.

Of course I'm having a little more trouble with "Crossed". They average 5 variants for each #. I decided to get all 9 CGC'd since I enjoyed the read so much (and as a completist collecting limited series helps the piggy bank) but 9 issues is now 45 and growing!! Maybe it's time to switch to the GA or SA.

Atleast the #1 is done the final printing. How many prints will #2 and #3 go to? I must have them all!! The curse of the completist!!

Of course I'm having a little more trouble with "Crossed". They average 5 variants for each #. I decided to get all 9 CGC'd since I enjoyed the read so much (and as a completist collecting limited series helps the piggy bank) but 9 issues is now 45 and growing!! Maybe it's time to switch to the GA or SA.

I feel you. I'm a huge GI Joe whore and was going to get the IDW series and CGC all of the issues including all variants... think I'm backing away from that one now just because of the number of books.

I've been trying to convince myself that only 9.9 and 10.0's will do. Then I started 9.8 ss which I was never into. I figured these would be harder to find. It just makes me search harder. Of course a complete series of 9.8 ss, 9.9 and 10.0's would be sweet. I can see the gold labels being addictive.

Edited by branget

crossed is another one, got the first 3 red crossed covers (0-2) and the pure art #1. the auxillary covers are tough because they put out so many. same with no hero and doc sleepless.

stupid avatar.

haven't slabbed them yet, too much money

I can see the gold labels being addictive.

Let me tell you from experience... THEY ARE!

How do you decide who you want to sign? Do you have multiple copies each with a different signature?

crossed is another one, got the first 3 red crossed covers (0-2) and the pure art #1. the auxillary covers are tough because they put out so many. same with no hero and doc sleepless.

stupid avatar.

haven't slabbed them yet, too much money

And just released....the SDCC version of #6 limited to 750 copies!! Can't.....resist

And I'm starting to get suckered into all the Chew prints and I don't want to :cry:

I've been able to resist to far :wishluck: .....just 9.8 SS copies of the first prints for me :)

I've already buckled on the #1 2nd print and bought a 9.8 SS :grin:

Who's your daddy! whip.gif

:baiting:

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

How do you decide who you want to sign? Do you have multiple copies each with a different signature?

If you are planning on keeping them, it's all really up to you. I like to get all of the sigs on one book rather than one book with one sig and another book with a different sig.

For me, I only get sigs by people who were involved in the creation fo THAT book. Some people like to get sigs of character creators even if they have nothing to do with that specific issue. Some people like to get the actors to sign the book if the comic was made into a movie. It's really up to you...

As far as Chew comics go... I've gotten both Rob Guillory (artist) and John Layman (writer) on all of the copies I have SS.

If you are planning on keeping them, it's all really up to you. I like to get all of the sigs on one book rather than one book with one sig and another book with a different sig.

For me, I only get sigs by people who were involved in the creation fo THAT book. Some people like to get sigs of character creators even if they have nothing to do with that specific issue. Some people like to get the actors to sign the book if the comic was made into a movie. It's really up to you...

As far as Chew comics go... I've gotten both Rob Guillory (artist) and John Layman (writer) on all of the copies I have SS.

same here

I don't know when Layman's next con appearance is, but Guillory has been pretty vocal on his site that he's not going to be hitting any cons any time soon.

i thought it was layman who said he wasn't, did i get that backwards and make my campaign all for naught?

:censored:

:pullhair: