• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLEASE?

12 posts in this topic

75,000 books... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do you think I could fit them into my car and drive them to the post office to mail them to you?

foreheadslap.gif

Seriously, who knows? Whats in that lot? could be 74,000 copies of X-Men 1 A B C and D!

I asked for a little more detail and he just told me to give him a call because he was too busy to answer all the emails!

But then again, it could be a little goldmine! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif $15 is 20c an issue, I sure wouldnt go above that! More like 10c an issue without knowing whats there.

If the highlight of the collection is an Avengers 4 in VG, the its not gonna hold much, and as for only checking 5% of the stock 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thats just MHO?

Also wondering what he bid on the foreclosure auction.

I missed one like this a few years back. Some flea market

dealer had deeper pockets than I did, and we didn't

even hit the $1k mark......

Actually, if you are absolutely serious, I can do this for you. I WORK in Morristown, NJ...so this is not a problem for me. He allows personal pick ups of this collection so if you are seriously interested, I can pick this collection up for you and ship it out the cheapest way possible (or however you want to do this.) PM me if you are seriously interested. thumbsup2.gif

Chuck

I would be really careful how high you bid on this sellers lots. I have watched in the sportscards lots, and he really knows what he is doing. By that I mean you can be sure he knows exactly what he has and doesn't have. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lesser known key Bronze Age appearance that slipped through the cracks(like 1st app. of Ghost Rider in Marvel Spotlight or something like that; But you can be pretty sure that if there was a hoard of High Grade Silver in there, those would have been in his pictures, rather than going to the hardcover book "card".

He will probably hold out a couple bonus issues and put them on top, to try to make sure you are happy 893blahblah.gif, but chances are, what you see is what you get when it comes to high quality books.

He is not a bad seller, but again he knows exactly what he is doing. Each big lot will get bigger and better too. The next lot will be 100,000 comics, with X-men #1, Superman #100 and so on. If he does it like the sportscards, then he puts all the good stuff aside, and adds some to each lot to make the item have sizzle.

I could be wrong, but that's definitely his MO with sportscards.

Ross