• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Marketplace !

10 posts in this topic

I wasn't sure to post this in the golden age thread, but since it deals with golden age I guess it will be alright. If any of you get a chance,"if interested",check out the latest CBM ,it came out today. news.gif It has a huge article on FOX COMICS by JON BERK ",haven't read it yet" but you know it's going to be good by JON! thumbsup2.gif

Hey West, like I said,I haven't read it yet ,but it looks to be a great issue .I requested a few issues back if Jon Berk could do any articles on FOX ,CENTAUR ,comics.It could be coincidental ,but I think someone was listening! And with Jon writing the articles ,you know they will be done right ,with his knowledge of the golden age! Now if we can only get that Centaur article ! I did enjoy their Lev Gleason comics article a month or two ago also .Let's hope they stay on this track for awhile .Russ has had some big shoes to fill since Gary Carter left, why did he leave?Do you know?All in all it's my favorite mag to read ,along with Alter Ego ,Comic book artist .etc.

Hey west, I did see your letter in the latest CBM,Russ seemed a little peturbed with your letter,let him know if you can,that you enjoyed this issue! He's really trying ,I think to please everybody! Let's give him a chance,like I said, he does have some big shoes to fill with Gary Carter gone.

I was actually back in Phoenix for Christmas and found a comic book stare that had an almost complete run of Comic Book Marketplace's from issue 2 through 30. I was able to almost complete my run of the mag. These older issues are great! No color pics, but great articles. I feel as though the magazine is going the same ways as the San Diego Con (and all Cons for that matter), multi-media to reach a wider audience. I think back on my first trip to San Diego COn and what it is like now and it is a world of difference. If the trend keeps up for CBM, then I will quit picking it up.

Just my opinion...

I think back on my first trip to San Diego COn and what it is like now and it is a world of difference. If the trend keeps up for CBM, then I will quit picking it up.

I think CBM has definitely jumped the shark. I still buy it but spend less and less time with it. You will enjoy those early issues. They were a real eye-opener back then in terms of the information they imparted... Gary and Lisa kept them interesting and informative for a loooong time which was quite an achievement.

Cochran's idea for the mag is just wrong....and LESS commercial than Gary;s was, so, to me, it's to disappoint older more experience collectors like us, and unlikely to attract newer readers as well. I hope Geppi gives it another reboot closer to what it always was...