• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Portfolios w/ zippers

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I store most of my pages in Itoya portfolios like most people here. Itoya does not make art portfolios with zippers. Whenever I travel to show someone my art, I fear that my Itoya will just open up and the pages will spill out.

Can anyone here recommend a good archival portfolio (preferably 14" x 19") with zippers on three sides?

Thank you. The zippered portfolios in the link would work ok, but I am having difficulty finding the correct size.

The 18" x 24" portfolio would fit any pages that I have but might be a little big and cumbersome.

The 14" x 17" portfolio would be more compact. Width-wise they would fit the mylars from Bags Unlimited, but I might have to cut an inch off the top of the mylar and the top of the cardboard in order to fit into those portfolios.

I have searched online and can't seem the perfect size or the equivalent to Itoya's 13" x 19" portfolios.

Hello,

I don't know if they are easily available in America, or if the rings match the holes in your Itoya sheets, but I use portfolios and sheets from Panodia.

For the typical American comic pages I use the size 12.5" x 17.5" (32x44 cm). For my European comic pages, which are usually larger, I use the size 16"x20" (41x51 cm)

They have two sorts of sheets available: polypropylene and polyester. I use the polyester sheets for my original art. I think this is comparable to what you call Mylar? (correct me if I'm wrong)

I don't think that the portfolios that I have (Basic Collection) are still available, but after a quick look in their catalogue, I think that the "My Book" presentation case is comparable. I find them very high quality. Also worth mentioning is that the rings have a locking mechanism.

You can find their catalogue here: http://www.panodia.eu/en/catalogues/catalogues/index.php , under "Presentation and Photo Storage"

Have you looked into a portfolio carrying case made with archival friendly materials like aluminum? You can just get them in different sizes. Just pop your itoya portfolio in them when you want to take them on the road.

They are a bit heavier but your art will be fully protected.

Cheers!

N