• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 on Comicconnect

109 posts in this topic

At least that Action #1 2.5 looks like a 2.5 ( well maybe a 2.0 - but white pages!) - I wonder how hard the tape would be to remove?
given that I heard it was added to get the book from the 1.5 range to the 2.5 range, I suspect no one is removing it (thumbs u

At least that Action #1 2.5 looks like a 2.5 ( well maybe a 2.0 - but white pages!) - I wonder how hard the tape would be to remove?
given that I heard it was added to get the book from the 1.5 range to the 2.5 range, I suspect no one is removing it (thumbs u
My answer is better.

My answer is better.

oh yeah...

action 1 (tsk)

My answer is better.

oh yeah...

action 1 (tsk)

Hey.. Should have kept the first one. Now you are scrambling for a new one.. :baiting:

My answer is better.

oh yeah...

action 1 (tsk)

Hey.. Should have kept the first one. Now you are scrambling for a new one.. :baiting:
well, hindsight is 20/20, but I used those proceeds (from selling my action 1-100 back in the mid 90's) to fund my business...and my business ended up making me 10 fold over what that action 1-100 is worth, so in hindsight, it was still the right decision :acclaim:

So is the cover otherwise nearly split in two? If that's the case, I guess 2.0 is generous.

So is the cover otherwise nearly split in two? If that's the case, I guess 2.0 is generous.

the notes say "front and back cover reattached with tape entire length of spine"....but, I have no problem with the # assigned...it is, after all, only a number...the book looks great (thumbs u

so tape get's a blue label but a tiny spot of glue get's a purple.

now that's logical. . . . :screwy:

it is what it is ...in the "old" days, tape would actually harm a comic, so it was not viewed as restoration, but as a defect...these days though, the tape is as safe as the paper itself, so it really is just repair, that cgc does not deem restoration... (thumbs u

so tape get's a blue label but a tiny spot of glue get's a purple.

now that's logical. . . . :screwy:

it is what it is ...in the "old" days, tape would actually harm a comic, so it was not viewed as restoration, but as a defect...these days though, the tape is as safe as the paper itself, so it really is just repair, that cgc does not deem restoration... (thumbs u

Unless of course the tape is high quality, archival tape, which would offer the safest method to preserve the quality of the book and prevent an increase in the tear size, as well as prevent paper problems related to the tape. CGC does consider that restoration.

it really is just repair, that cgc does not deem restoration... (thumbs u

Using this standard, does glue not do the same?

Sorry - almost forgot the drill . . .

action #1 rantrant

it really is just repair, that cgc does not deem restoration... (thumbs u

Using this standard, does glue not do the same?

Sorry - almost forgot the drill . . .

action #1 rantrant

you would have to ask cgc (shrug)