• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the SECRET DARK ULTIMATE FANTASTIC SKETCH MEGATHREAD

1,254 posts in this topic

:sorry:

Next time...

If'n I'd only known...

PS. UNRELATED:

I could not make it to the con, but had an equally fascinating weekend observing Dismalites. They are tiny bugs w/ phosphorous bacteria in their abdomens that are bioluminescent @ night. If you ever get the chance to do this anywhere in the world, you shouldn't miss it. Take the kids.

:sorry:

Next time...

If'n I'd only known...

Yep...been wanting one for years...I still have my original incorrectly-named Usagi Yojimbo action figure from when I was little. He turned me down at Baltimore last year.

I've got this, but I still want a Miyamoto Usagi:

WolverineHeroInitiative-Sakai.jpg

PS. UNRELATED:

I could not make it to the con, but had an equally fascinating weekend observing Dismalites. They are tiny bugs w/ phosphorous bacteria in their abdomens that are bioluminescent @ night. If you ever get the chance to do this anywhere in the world, you shouldn't miss it. Take the kids.

Are these anything like fireflies/lightning bugs?

Very cool! You've got me a little jealous of that Sakai sketch. Love it!

I'm a little surprised that we're not seeing more stuff...the Motor City con happened this last weekend and there are only 2 sketch covers to show for it? (shrug)

Motor city just ended yesterday.

Very cool! You've got me a little jealous of that Sakai sketch. Love it!

I'm a little surprised that we're not seeing more stuff...the Motor City con happened this last weekend and there are only 2 sketch covers to show for it? (shrug)

Motor city just ended yesterday.

True, but I know some of the people that went. It's not uncommon to see some same-day pics. Besides, the comment seemed to be the :baiting: needed to prompt some posts. :)

PS. UNRELATED:

Are these anything like fireflies/lightning bugs?

In as much as they glow, yes, but different purpose, different color, different stage of development, etc. Dismalites live in tiny holes in porous rocks. They come out @ night & make a covering out of sticky secretions. They will then radiate a blue glow to attract mosquito. Squito gets stuck... meal time! They can be seen anywhere hot & moist in small numbers, but only 3 known places (China, New Zealand & Alabama in colonies of thousands.

Pic of NZ colony http://my.greasy.com/host/images/71563646.jpg

Best Van Sciver ever. My 2c
you havnt shown your sketch off chris.... you must really not like it :(

lol I was going to wait until it got slabbed but here it is. Thank you for the hook up Fred. (worship)

I :luhv: the sketch.

DOOOM.jpg

Best Van Sciver ever. My 2c
you havnt shown your sketch off chris.... you must really not like it :(

lol I was going to wait until it got slabbed but here it is. Thank you for the hook up Fred. (worship)

I :luhv: the sketch.

lol i was hoping you didnt like it lol