• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

completing stories

83 posts in this topic

Have succeeded in assembling 22 out of 23 pages from MICRONAUTS #11 as published by Image Comics in 2003:

The ONLY page I need is page 06 - a Baron Karza pages, of course.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=849122&GSub=117052

Here's the rest of the book:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?Order=Title&GSub=115799

Any help on landing a line on this FINAL PAGE would be appreciated!

Andrew

Cool thread. A little story... (probably will be longwinded, skip this post if you don't like reading rambles)

I never thought I would try to collect all the issues from a book. I've only been in the hobby 4ish years now, maybe 5. I collect mainly Sonic the Hedgehog, published by Archie, work. It's not art that has a high ROI (or really any return at all) but it scratches the itch perfectly for me. I love that comic. But still, I like to collect covers.

When I was visiting a buddy at an out of town college where he was going, he took me to a comic shop. I wasn't big on comics at the time, but he had given me Dark Knight Returns and I liked it ok. I had discovered Usagi Yojimbo on my own, and liked that. I also was reading Turok, from Acclaim. He would soon introduce me to Preacher and Sandman, but first we visited this comic shop. On the kid's comic rack a Sonic comic caught my eye--the cover to issue 181. It had a mysterious character blinding Sonic and Tails (main characters to anyone who played the games as a kid) with the header "WHO IS ENERJAK?" That piqued my interest, so I bought the issue. Then I moseyed on over to the back issue bin, and for some reason issues 182, 183 and 184 were in there as well. So I bought the whole arc, and read it in my friend's dorm that night. Over and over again. I loved the book!

Well, now I'm trying to collect that entire story arc. Issues 180-184 of the comic.

Sonic the Hedgehog issue 180 - 17 pages, I own 9 pages.

Sonic the Hedgehog issue 181 - 17 pages, I own all 17 **competed!**

Sonic the Hedgehog issue 182 - 17 pages, I own 6 pages

Sonic the Hedgehog issue 183 - 17 pages, I own 9 pages

Sonic the Hedgehog issue 184 - 17 pages, I own all 17 **completed!**

All in all, that's 58/85 pages (not including the backups). 68 percent complete! I have located 4 more pages, but the owners will not part at the moment. I'll remain vigilant I suppose. It tickles me to death that I own complete the first issue of this comic I ever read. I get the OA out and re-read the issue that way every few weeks. Sorry for the novel!