• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

completing stories

83 posts in this topic

Hello friends,

Here are three stories I'm hoping to complete some day (hey, it could happen!):

Amazing Adventures #3, 4 and 5 (Black Widow stories by Gene Colan and Bill Everett)

I'm actively seeking ANY pages from these stories, whether Natasha appears on them or not. I'll pay very, VERY well or trade aggressively for any examples from these issues.

With this in mind, I'm also seeking Gene Colan artwork from these comics:

Captain America #116, 120, 121 (all Colan/Sinnott) and 137 (Colan/Everett again)

Daredevil #91 (Colan/Palmer)

Plus: Kane/Sutton artwork from Warlock #4.

I'm seeking ANY pages from these comics.

Thanks, and best wishes to everybody seeking to reunite broken-up books... it's a challenge, but it's fun to try!

Pax,

Sean

I forgot to mention... if you post a list of books you're also attempting to put back together, I'll email you should I see pages surface. That's part of the fun of the hobby, even if you don't have Colan/Everett Black Widow artwork that I want!

Pax,

Sean

Hi Sean --

Thanks for the post -- I'll keep my eye open for you, for sure.

I also am looking to put some books back together, namely the George Perez/Joe Sinnott combination on Fantastic Four 167, 170, 171, 172, 176, 177, and 178 (Hunt inks). Any info on any pages from any of these books is appreciated!

Best of luck,

Dan Drummond

Might as well add more to the party!

I'm looking to complete Spider-Girl #22 and Marvel Team-Up #2 (both Patrick Olliffe art).

This is a cool post. I'll keep my eyes open for you guys.

Brian

I'm sure we have had a thread on putting together complete stories before. The discussion was around should you reveal you are after a full book for fear of individuals that would exploit that desire (ie jack up the price beyond reason). The pro of the argument, is by knowing that you are looking for it, more leads may turn up.

I guess I personally lean toward the first camp, although I'm not actively trying to complete an issue. Good luck to the guys above who are though.

Spider-Man / Badrock by Marat Mychaels

I am looking for the remaining pages of the Spider-Man / Badrock Book Issue 1.

Here are a few examples of the pieces that I already have. Maybe the remaining pages are still with the Inker (Norm Rapmund). Anybody any ideas ?

I am missing like 2 or 3 pages. By the way....look at the last page. That's how Venom needs to look. Love that page !!!

tn-spiderman_badrock_01_01.jpg tn-spiderman_badrock_01_16.jpg tn-spiderman_badrock_01_22.jpg tn-spiderman_badrock_01_24.jpg

Spider-Man / Badrock by Marat Mychaels

I am looking for the remaining pages of the Spider-Man / Badrock Book Issue 1.

Here are a few examples of the pieces that I already have. Maybe the remaining pages are still with the Inker (Norm Rapmund). Anybody any ideas ?

I am missing like 2 or 3 pages. By the way....look at the last page. That's how Venom needs to look. Love that page !!!

tn-spiderman_badrock_01_01.jpg tn-spiderman_badrock_01_16.jpg tn-spiderman_badrock_01_22.jpg tn-spiderman_badrock_01_24.jpg

If you think they are still with Norm, contact him! He has a CAF gallery and I think if you google him he has a website. I've emailed with him before so if you can't get an email via those methods (that's how I got it) I can pass on the email to you.

Malvin

Thanks. Will try to contact him through CAF.

Typical thing...you look everywhere but not in the logic places. The idea of the remaining pages being with the Inker just crossed my mind when I posted the pics.

Thanks again.

I'm looking for 3-4 pages of Marvel Team-up #11, Spidey and the Inhumans, by Mooney/Esposito.

One page sold on ebay, was miss-presented as a page from Spectacular Spidey, it had Spidey crawling thru a narrow crevice in the mountains of the Himalayas that he refers to as being "narrower than J. Jonah Jameson's mind"

also need page 1 splash to the Doctor Strange story in Strange Tales #168

Those are the only 2 where I'm close to completion. I have 9 pages of JLA #110, but I know who has 5 pages of it. There's still a few more pages left though, including the last page where Red Tornado gets his "new costume" made by Black Canary. This was from one of the 100 page issues.

I came within 1 page of completing Marvel Super-Heroes #18 (the first Guardians of the Galaxy story). Worked on it for years and bought the second to last page from Pete Koch. He assured me he didn't have the last page even though I asked and asked.... About a month after I gave up and sold the story, he put the elusive last page up for sale on his website... :cry:

(the new owner had already broken up the story in case you were wondering) :P

I am working on several but have missed a page before...

Astonishing Tales 6 - Kazar (BWS/Everett)

Cap 136 (Colan/Everett)...137 might be nicer but damn, I haven't see many pages

Nova 11 (Buscema/Giacioa)

-- Mark

I have 29 out of I believe 47 pages of the original color art pages to Marvel Graphic Novel #4, i.e. the New Mutants first appearance. One other page is sitting comfortably in a private collection but I haven't heard about any other pages. I'd be happy to hear about the whereabouts of any other pages, even if they aren't for sale.

The putting a whole book back together is a fun and difficult challenge... not an easy feat!

-Bob